Blue Ray, Etc.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Bubalouie
Guru

Blue Ray, Etc.

Post by Bubalouie »

So does this mean that if we want to buy a movie or possible rent a movie in the future, that we all have to go out and buy new electronics ???
BriTer
Guru

Re: Blue Ray, Etc.

Post by BriTer »

MaxMom wrote:So does this mean that if we want to buy a movie or possible rent a movie in the future, that we all have to go out and buy new electronics ???

There is a thread somewhere that discusses it, not sure if it was in the Techie thread though.
You'll be okay for a while yet.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

I don't usually check that thread out, guess I'll have to. That stuff is way over my head . Good to know it's ok for awhile yet.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

MaxMom wrote:I don't usually check that thread out, guess I'll have to. That stuff is way over my head . Good to know it's ok for awhile yet.

When I come across it again I'll post you the link to that thread. It should be read, lots of info on the near future of HD DVD vs Blue.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Kewllllllll.....thanks
Lizard
Fledgling

Post by Lizard »

MaxMom wrote:So does this mean that if we want to buy a movie or possible rent a movie in the future, that we all have to go out and buy new electronics ???

Only if you want high definition, but in 2011, analogue television ceases to exist, and new hardware will be required.
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

There was a war between HD-DVD and Blu-ray to become the choice for High Definition movies. The problem is, nobody really cares as the picture quality is not all that much better to the average viewer. Now many people believe that the war will be between Blu Ray and regular old DVD's. By the time High Definition movies are in high demand, we should be on to a new technology. Think of it as a Laserdisc or Minidisc....better but nobody really cared.
BGV666
Übergod

Post by BGV666 »

The war is over Blu-ray won. This is Sony's reprive after that Beta vs VHS fiasco. The Sony PS3 is the Blu-ray platform X-Box 360 used HD. Unless you have an HD TV you will not notice the difference. You can buy an up converting DVD player that will give you nearly the same quality at 1/2 the price. Now that the war is over cheap versions will soon hit the market and drive down the price just like DVD and VHS players did. Coming to Wally world soon $29.95 Blu-ray players.
STUPID PEOPLE MAKE MY HEAD HURT.
dandynick5
Guru

Post by dandynick5 »

Lizard wrote:

Only if you want high definition, but in 2011, analogue television ceases to exist, and new hardware will be required.

I thought the world was going to end in 2012!

I've seen ads on American tv talking about needing convertors by 2009?
This signature may be a forgery.
BGV666
Übergod

Post by BGV666 »

This only applies to you if you still live in a cave and use an antenna to recieve the 3 free televsion stations available if you don't have cable or sattelite. The only analog signals transmitted are via air. It is a BIG deal down south where an estimated 9 million people still only have antenna's
STUPID PEOPLE MAKE MY HEAD HURT.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”