What's for dinner tonight?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
67CougarLover

Re: What's for dinner tonight?

Post by 67CougarLover »

Just popping in I think Bonanza Meats & Deli at 185 Adams Rd. might have the sweet pickled cottage rolls. 250 765 9741
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

67CougarLover wrote:Just popping in I think Bonanza Meats & Deli at 185 Adams Rd. might have the sweet pickled cottage rolls. 250 765 9741

Thank you "67" they do and/or make one with a 2 day in advance request!
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Last edited by Temet Nosce on Jun 11th, 2017, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

As someone with a wheat allergy who has tried and failed to find a decent wheat free bun, I'd sure appreciate it if you'd post the recipe.

Thanks.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Merry wrote:As someone with a wheat allergy who has tried and failed to find a decent wheat free bun, I'd sure appreciate it if you'd post the recipe.

Thanks.

You too sorry to hear that...I have Celiac D so I understand. I usually avoid all Gluten free products because they are high calorie, awful, unhealthy, and over priced. So I wish I could say I made this bun Merry (and had a recipe for you) but I didn't make it sorry. I love to cook but baking just find I don't have the time. I ordered these hamburger buns from Low Carb Canada https://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/collections/bakery.

They also carry Queen Street Bakery products that are not only gluten free but also low carb--and amazing! https://www.facebook.com/queenstreetglutenfree

Their bread to me is better then normal bread and it's low carb. Their 'Rustic Bun' is pretty good also if you want a bun for a sandwich not just a hamburger bun. I wish Queen Street Bakery would open a location in Vancouver. I had to order their products out of Toronto because the Low Carb Grocery in Burnaby http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/
doesn't have their products right now--but they do carry them sometimes and it is easier to order from the Burnaby location when back in stock.

It takes awhile for shipping from Toronto and the bread products come frozen so you don't want to order in Summer time or they will spoil. Another option that may be more economical and easier to order year round is they sell 'some' gluten free bread mixes if you are a baker but I haven't tried them but might be worth a try. I will warn you all of the products on both websites are over priced just like all gluten free products but at least they don't taste like cardboard.

These particular buns in picture: 1x Smart Baking - SmartBUN - Plain - 4 pack (sold at Toronto location) also they have their own smart bun website https://smart-baking.com/product/plain-smartbun/ I am not sure if they are sold anywhere else.

A colleague of mine once gave me a bread recipe she uses and she swore by it. If I can find it I will post it for you...
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

PASGHETTI !!
george~

Post by george~ »

Slow cooked tender pork chops in a sweet n sour sauce with pineapple tidbits, white rice and mini white potatos MMMMMMMMMMM
Alexa1994

Post by Alexa1994 »

Macaroni with Cream and Cheese :smt045
Nicolas_St

Post by Nicolas_St »

Chicken Khebab (Turkish recipe) ! The main thing is to marinade meat for not less than 5 hours in yogurt with spices!! yammmmmm :up:
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Blueberry cherry avocado kale yogurt smoothie-- Vitamix Ascent A3500 best blender I have ever owned! Love it :biggrin:
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Marinated New York Steak, stuffed and baked potatoes, mushrooms with a crab/shrimp/cream cheese stuffing,
wild rice stuffed red bell peppers and some coho salmon.
Double chocolate cake.

Some of these things don't fit into my dietary needs but, it sure was good. :smt045
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Temet Nosce wrote:Blueberry cherry avocado kale yogurt smoothie-- Vitamix Ascent A3500 best blender I have ever owned! Love it :biggrin:

I'm jealous! I've heard they're fantastic, but out of my price range :p

Dinner was chicken and a salad (nothing exciting) but I made a ketogenic loaf cake for dessert. No sugar, no wheat flour. The recipe used almond flour (pricey) and a sweetener called Lakanto (hella expensive!)

http://www.completelyketo.com/harlan-kilsteins-keto-holiday-honey-cake/ Low sugar/low carb - and tasted pretty good. I only needed one slice (which is good 'cause I won't make this often at that price!)
I haven't failed until I quit.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

After a 15 hr day with no breaks, my supper;
a couple slices of week old ham, wrapped in week old chicken with a
squirt of bold and spicy mustard.

Yum, Supper.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Dirtybiker. I sincerely hope you've had the time to go shopping for fresher provisions. No ill effects from your somewhat outdated provender?

:smt045
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Mooseghetti. From bush to table within 24 hours. We ground the meat ourselves.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”