What's for dinner tonight?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: What's for dinner tonight?

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

all the talk earlier about Fish & Chips, made me want it. So off to Shady Rest for Halibut & Chips..... hmm mouth is watering.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

GordonH wrote:Bumped

all the talk earlier about Fish & Chips, made me want it. So off to Shady Rest for Halibut & Chips..... hmm mouth is watering.

If I was skinny, I would join you. Since I'm not, it's Kale salad again
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Kale salad sounds kinda harsh. Have you had beet salad from Sunshine Market? Or Broccili salad mix?

We're having beef stew and a yam with pickled carrots and mushrooms. ymmmm
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Last time I had beet salad I peed red the next day. Near heart attack. Not healthy
WW
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:runforlife: Oh god no. Okay, next!

We love making homemade pizzas with vegetable toppings but lately I've been buying them by the slice. Tried something called Ceasar Chicken. No kidding, it was really good. I swear they even put the lettuce on it with the dressing and lots of chicken pieces. I'm going to try to recreate that on Sunday night. yummmmm.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

tsayta wrote:If I was skinny, I would join you. Since I'm not, it's Kale salad again

If you enjoy Kale salad, kick it up a notch by adding toasted pecans, crispy bacon, thinly sliced onions, grated carrots, chopped avocado, halved cherry tomatoes, pomegranate seeds and some Feta or Boursin cheese.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Loaded potato soup was dinner last night (and may very well be again tonight!). Warm, filling, comfort food.
I haven't failed until I quit.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Lady tehMa wrote:Loaded potato soup was dinner last night (and may very well be again tonight!). Warm, filling, comfort food.

What's in this soup. I want to make
WW
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

32 oz chicken stock, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup & 1 can of cream of chicken (though I didn't have the latter, used cream of cheddar). 1 pkg cream cheese. Onion, butter & a package of hashbrowns. 1/2 cup bacon chunks (or bacon bits - the real ones, not fake).

Saute 1 chopped onion with about 1 tbsp (or more) of butter. Add in the rest of the ingredients. If you have an instant pot, 30 minutes on high pressure, quick release. If not, simmer it all for a few hours, when potatoes are soft, use an immersion blender. Serve with a sprinkling of bacon and green onion (and/or sour cream, depending on how you like). Salt and pepper to taste (with the "cream of" soups and chicken stock, I don't use added salt).
I haven't failed until I quit.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Mmmmmmm
WW
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Boneless, skinless chicken breast with red onion, bacon, banana peppers, jalepeno, Havarti cheese
dijon mustard on whole wheat kaiser
Side of dill pickles...

eta; mushrooms.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Tootsie
Board Meister

Alanjh595 - where are you ?????

Post by Tootsie »

Oh my I so much miss your cooking escapades ! Please don't tell all of us you've figured it all out when it comes to cooking.....would probably be GREAT for you but so so very sad for all of us waiting to hear of your next challenges and successes!

So entertaining ! I miss you Alan ! :sunshine:
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

dirtybiker wrote:Boneless, skinless chicken breast with red onion, bacon, banana peppers, jalepeno, Havarti cheese
dijon mustard on whole wheat kaiser
Side of dill pickles...

eta; mushrooms.

Sounds awesome... even better after out on the trail riding! :130:
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Re: Alanjh595 - where are you ?????

Post by Temet Nosce »

Tootsie wrote:Oh my I so much miss your cooking escapades ! Please don't tell all of us you've figured it all out when it comes to cooking.....would probably be GREAT for you but so so very sad for all of us waiting to hear of your next challenges and successes!

I thought his pizza looked amazing! Love seeing pics on the threads of people's dishes...
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Alanjh595 - where are you ?????

Post by alanjh595 »

Tootsie wrote:Oh my I so much miss your cooking escapades ! Please don't tell all of us you've figured it all out when it comes to cooking.....would probably be GREAT for you but so so very sad for all of us waiting to hear of your next challenges and successes!

I am still here. I have toned back my cooking adventures for a little bit. I thought I could use a couple of good meals before dusting off the flour and trying again. Besides, I have soooooo many left overs now and no place left in the freezer to make that final decision to chuck them to make room for new stuff.
That and I could stand all the psychological demoralization of having the cashiers at IGA laugh at me every time they saw me.

I will be back on the cooking for the single male 101 soon. I am very happy to see that you had fun reading about my real-life escapades. I am still cleaning up flour dust everywhere, who would have thought that it would be on top of the light bulbs in recessed lighting? And it sure shows off where the cobwebs are.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”