What's for dinner tonight?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Re: What's for dinner tonight?

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Ok, so I made Tawny's Classy Chicken last nite. I used 2 tsp. of curry instead of 1 and used boneless and skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts as they are cheaper.

AWESOME and super easy dish. Two major :smt023 :smt023

~D
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

Well Coffee your chicken recipe inspired me to do some chicken thighs in the slow cooker. I used a cup of chicken broth, 8 garlic cloves cut in half, 8 chicken thighs, 12 whole small new potatoes, 1 diced onion, a bit of seasoned salt, rosemary, thyme, and 4 bay leaves.

That took me 10 mins to put in the slow cooker. Let all that slow cook today since 8 this morning.

Just now added in 3 cups of frozen mixed veggies and 2 cans of Campbell's mushroom soup. It will be ready for 5:30 dinner. I am going to try your chicken in bean sauce in the slow cooker also.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

This is great!!! Some really good ideas! I'm gonna prep the meatloaf tonight for tomorrow.

I'm gonna however rename it: Tripp & Trapp's Meatloaf! :trippyquoter:

Tonight is steak and salad. Yummers!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
mekathy
Übergod

Post by mekathy »

speaking of steak the new TBones had NewYork Striploins on for 4.99 per steak. That's what I am having tonight. Yummy
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

mekathy wrote:speaking of steak the new TBones had NewYork Striploins on for 4.99 per steak. That's what I am having tonight. Yummy

I am having T-Bone steaks!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

This is so easy and yummy.

Buy a cooked chicken at the store, and take all the meat off, and cut into small pieces.

Saute mushrooms and onions...if you like them.

Grate cheese, cut up lettuce ant tomatoes...

Pita pocket...hot chicken pieces...cheese....mushrooms...ranch dressing...lettuce and tomatoes....

Just like tacos, kids make their own.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Sounds good Puffy. I have issues with chicken. The veins and elastic parts.... Ugh.
I only buy boneless, skinless breasts.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

hahaha, you said "breasts".
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

onestop67 wrote:hahaha, you said "breasts".

hahaha I did! Shup onestop! :trippyquoter:
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Triple 6 wrote:
onestop67 wrote:hahaha, you said "breasts".

hahaha I did! Shup onestop! :trippyquoter:

Serve it hot buns, too :dyinglaughing:
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Tonight I made turkey pie (casserole dish) with a baked dumpling top crust. Went off the beaten track and made the sauce with Habitant ham and pea soup. Turned out nice with just a hint of smokey ham.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

That sounds yummy BriTer. Don't know how good I would be at the pastry part of it. :200:
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

trapp wrote:That sounds yummy BriTer. Don't know how good I would be at the pastry part of it. :200:

Dumplings are simple, few ingredients. Done on a 'stew' kind of dish just leave them in the oven after the 15 minute rising to brown.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
harvgar
Board Meister

Post by harvgar »

Har - Har makes this really easy but yummy supper ("cept tonight I gotta do it!)

Slice up a couple of smokies on the diagonal, brown, add some sliced peppers (green, yellow, red or orange, what ever you have or is on sale) sliced onion, minced garlic, carrots and mushrooms. What ever you like for veggies. Add a can of diced tomatos and tomato sauce let simmer for a while (at least an hour or so if you have time) Season to taste with basil, oregano, salt and pepper then serve over rice or pasta (we like pasta).
Easy! And for us it usually serves us for at least two meals. :discodance:
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

Dinner is simmering on the stove right now. Homemade beef vegetable soup with a baguette from Safeway. We made the soup stock last night from Prime rib bones. After skimming the fat from the stock I added every vegetable in my fridge along with some barley.DH is going to think he's died and gone to heaven when the aroma meets him at the door tonight!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”