Capital News Delivery

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Bubalouie
Guru

Capital News Delivery

Post by Bubalouie »

Now I know it's a free paper but why is it only on Wednesday, the day I want that paper so I can check out the specials at Quality Greens/Clancy's Johnny's/Old town
that we never get it delivered anymore..............

Called circulation, we are short delivery people in your area, my question, they deliver it on the weekends, why not Wednesday. Didn't get an answer. Someone will call you back.

Sure.
Triple 6

Re: Capital News Delivery

Post by Triple 6 »

MaxMom wrote:Now I know it's a free paper but why is it only on Wednesday, the day I want that paper so I can check out the specials at Quality Greens/Clancy's Johnny's/Old town
that we never get it delivered anymore..............

Called circulation, we are short delivery people in your area, my question, they deliver it on the weekends, why not Wednesday. Didn't get an answer. Someone will call you back.

Sure.

I haven't recieved the Capital News since before Christmas. I am assumng Kids don't want to work for peanuts anymore?!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

More than likely not. Our delivery man that we had for quite a while was a young handicapped man and he was great. Always had a big smile on his face and we never missed a paper.
Kybran

Post by Kybran »

My kids delivered the capital News for 1 year they had 76 papers they had to stuff all the flyers in and it took 4 in our family over hr to do these and deliver. We live in Lakeview Heights so the houses are a good distance apart. Thay did this 3 times a week for 35.00 a month at christmas time when there are lots of flyers you might make 40.00.. They quit the capital news to deliver the westside weekly and event. They had 46 little papers,flyers were always in them and they got paid 98.00 a month and this took them 20 mins start to finish. And they would take turns every month delivering them. So there was only 1 person delivering. So you can see the problem here why they cannot get anyone to deliver the capital news. They either have to cough up more money to these kids that work there butts off for peanuts. Or put community boxes in differnt neighborhoods so we can pick up our own paper. I have seen these around town.To deliver papers for the capital news a person would make on average $ 2.91 an hr to deliver the westside weekley you could earn on average 16.00. Something need to change here
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Hi Kybran! Good post! Nice to hear from someone that has actually had their kids deliver!
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”