What to do in Kelowna when family comes?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

What to do in Kelowna when family comes?

Postby medivixen » Mar 31st, 2008, 12:33 pm

We have some family in town (older couple) and they are here M-F this week. What kinds of things could we take them to do? Any suggestions would help.
Thanks
medivixen

Liked in: 0 post

Re: What to do in Kelowna when family comes?

Postby mekathy » Mar 31st, 2008, 1:06 pm

wine tastings are always fun, most are free and it is not an overly busy time for alot of the wineries. I really love doing the ones in Oliver. Make sure to have someone designated as the driver though
mekathy
Übergod

Liked in: 29 posts

Re: What to do in Kelowna when family comes?

Postby anniecat » Mar 31st, 2008, 9:48 pm

If your guests are able to do some walking, check out the walk to Hardy Falls in Peachland. My in-laws did it with me at Christmas and they're 80. It's a beautiful flat walk to a beautiful waterfall. And when you're done, head over to Bliss Bakery in Peachland for a nice latte or cup of tea and a cinnamon bun and that makes for a great half-day in the fabulous Okanagan!

If you're cheese lovers, I've heard a trip to Carmelli's (I think that's what it's called) is great for some fabulous goat cheese. It's in the Mission somewhere by Cedar Creek winery. I'm definately taking my visitors who arrive next week there. yummy!

One other suggestion....check and see if the KVR railway is doing any trips out of Summerland. Heard that's awesome as well. I know they had an Easter train going so they may have the odd trip going now.

Hope your guests have a wonderful time here! And hope we get lots of..... :sunshine:
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- Dr. Seus -
anniecat
Übergod

Liked in: 0 post

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts