Taste of Kelowna

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Snickerdoodle
Board Meister

Taste of Kelowna

Post by Snickerdoodle »

Did anyone else go to this. BF and I went and for $25.00 our taste buds were over whelmed and our stomachs were full, not to mention we were a bit on the tipsy side for the $1.00 glass of wine from the Gerhinger Bros. Booth... I swear they were pouring a good 6oz, so we used up a few tickets on that booth!

By far the most outstanding dish for us was the scallop/seafood dish from the OUC Cullinary team at Infusions... It just melted in my mouth, and for dessert had to be the Grand Marnier SLAB of Mouse that was served up by the Vintage Room booth. We arrived before the big crowds got there, and tried out almost everything.

Other honerable mentions would be Christophers Seafood/Steak House and their bacon wrapped scallops, the prawns from Rics Grill oh and the goat cheese brulle from Summerhill Winery, wish i had gone back for another one of those!

I think my biggest disappointment was from Natures Fair and their organic carrot cake, that was so dry and tasted like it was mass produced store bought cake, I took about two bites to get the cream cheese topping, but otherwise threw the rest away.

I was also quite happy I spent equivelant to $2.00 to taste test Sal's steak there, as I was not impressed. This would have been the same cut, and actually done the same way I like it, and for 25 dollars i would have been greatly disappointed.

I also was shocked that only two wineries came to this event. With live in Canada's Napa Valley, and I know as wineries our customers of mine, that there is over 200 between Kelowna and Osoyoos, so why only two at this event???

Also no sushi place! That one also surprised me, would have like to have seen my favorite Ginza there.

This was my first time at this event, but it definately will not be my last!!!
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

Snickerdoodle wrote:..I was also quite happy I spent equivelant to $2.00 to taste test Sal's steak there, as I was not impressed. This would have been the same cut, and actually done the same way I like it, and for 25 dollars i would have been greatly disappointed...

did you try the ketchup?

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”