Bon Jovi

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
machine
Fledgling

Re: Bon Jovi

Post by machine »

Did some research on "rent a boat" as a business. They have only been operating since this summer(2008), and are not even registered with or even come up in a Better Business Bureau search! My sirens are going off and I am glad I didn't rush out for this scam, I hope the "suckers" get their money back.

Why so many partners in such a small niche business?
The following is posted on welcometokelowna.com

“rent-a-boat.ca and storage” is a new company that has started up at the right time. The company provides customers with boat rentals and boat storage and has recently expanded their services to being a “Calabria” dealership. Located at 1010 Ellis Street, partners Donald Karimazondo (CEO), Jessica Pierson (CEO), Hillary Schell, Brent Siemens, Mark-David Martin, Amanda Martin, Peter Martin and Angela Martin are hoping to change the expectations of local boat owners by offering them unique storage services that are unlike any other storage facility. The company offers 24 hour on-call delivery service, so you are never rushed to get back to the docks, perfect for events like the fireworks. They also provide full shuttle service to and from the docks and will even go as far as picking you up at your home and then taxiing you back after a day of boating. Along with an on-site mechanic and detailing service boaters can expect a headache-free experience. A concierge service can also provide food and beverages. What could be easier? Paul Proudley is in charge of rentals and operations. Call 469-4102

This is from my earlier post, regarding the length of time rent-a-boat specifically has been operating. This business has not been around for 8 years, the above is posted on welcometokelowna.com Straight from Dehart from an article this past summer. The business popped up out of opportunity due to the loss of boat storage and moorage this summer.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

"We have been in talks with Bon Jovi's management company and have the date confirmed." said Don Karimazondo, owner of Rent-a-boat.

This just in. Confirmation date is the 12th of Never.

"It is just a situation where now we have to find the appropriate venue and production company," say Don Karimazondo, owner of Rent-a-boat.

Maybe you could ask the person, or the company that took the unsuspecting concert fans money.

Oh, that's right. It was you.

Not afraid to say "It".
amandalynn

Post by amandalynn »

don't know where THAT article got it's sources, but rent-a-boat.ca has been in business for much longer than one summer. rent-a-boat.ca expanded into storage and other areas (dealership, detailing and mechanics, etc) in 2008. They have existed as a company since 2000. It was formerly a very small operation doing one simple thing: renting a boat. They ARE registered with the better business bureau and the names listed in the article are the names of the employees that they had at the time. there are only two partners in the business.
BGV666
Übergod

Post by BGV666 »

FYI..I got the charge and refund on my credit card on the same day. I did not have to do anything. I hope he does'nt give up trying to bring an act like Bon Jovi to K-town, someone need the balls to take a chance even if it does have a few hic-ups.

Thanks for trying good luck in the future.
STUPID PEOPLE MAKE MY HEAD HURT.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

BGV666 wrote:FYI..I got the charge and refund on my credit card on the same day. I did not have to do anything. I hope he does'nt give up trying to bring an act like Bon Jovi to K-town, someone need the balls to take a chance even if it does have a few hic-ups.

Thanks for trying good luck in the future.

Agreed. it's like everyone's trying to view this guy as some sort of con man. If that was, I'm sure he'd be trying something much bigger for a much larger reward! I credit the guy for trying, but he did jump the gun, and unfortunately may have wrecked his chances of trying to get other acts in town due to this situation. Everyone got their money back, and no one got ripped off. This was just poor planning on his part.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I never thought it was a scam either. Chalk this one up as poorly planned out (or not planned at all) business venture.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
machine
Fledgling

Post by machine »

amandalynn wrote:don't know where THAT article got it's sources, but rent-a-boat.ca has been in business for much longer than one summer. rent-a-boat.ca expanded into storage and other areas (dealership, detailing and mechanics, etc) in 2008. They have existed as a company since 2000. It was formerly a very small operation doing one simple thing: renting a boat. They ARE registered with the better business bureau and the names listed in the article are the names of the employees that they had at the time. there are only two partners in the business.

Perhaps you can post the location of YOUR better business bureau search, because I did searches on both the business name as posted on their website, along with the peoples names that are associated with the business and nothing came up from the BBB.
amandalynn

Post by amandalynn »

I apologize. not the better business bureau.
The Kelowna Chamber of Commerce. A lot of businesses do not bother paying for both, since the Camber of Commerce is just as (if not more) reputable as the BBB.
machine
Fledgling

Post by machine »

I disagree 100%. The chamber sells memberships to anyone who wants to pay the fee, individuals and home based businesses can be a member, it says nothing for your reputation. The chamber is mainly a marketing tool for a business, they provide networking,advertising,special event promotion etc. The BBB keeps track of a business and any negative customer concerns and investigations that come against a business.
This is from the FAQ page on the BBB site.

13. Isn't BBB the same as a Chamber of Commerce?

No. BBBs work closely with Chambers of Commerce in their communities, but have different purposes. Chambers are designed to PROMOTE their communities through economic development and other activities. BBBs exist to PROTECT the citizens and businesses in the communities they serve, and to work to promote an ethical marketplace.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i've been talking to someone about this guy the last few days. just wondering if everyone got their money back from this "concert"? i thought maybe that had been a life lesson for him, but apparently not.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
littledaisy

Re: Rent A Boat on 1010 Ellis Street Kelowna

Post by littledaisy »

Does anyone knows about the rent a boat scandal or knows anyone who has been victimized by this company? According to the news, the owner left people high and dry by charging them and absconded. The same owner is behind the Bon Jovi promotion in 2008. If you have any information or knows anyone with any information, Please contact me asap.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

machine wrote:I disagree 100%. The chamber sells memberships to anyone who wants to pay the fee, individuals and home based businesses can be a member, it says nothing for your reputation. The chamber is mainly a marketing tool for a business, they provide networking,advertising,special event promotion etc. The BBB keeps track of a business and any negative customer concerns and investigations that come against a business.
This is from the FAQ page on the BBB site.

13. Isn't BBB the same as a Chamber of Commerce?

No. BBBs work closely with Chambers of Commerce in their communities, but have different purposes. Chambers are designed to PROMOTE their communities through economic development and other activities. BBBs exist to PROTECT the citizens and businesses in the communities they serve, and to work to promote an ethical marketplace.

You also have to pay to get "recognized" by the BBB. It is very expensive. Look into it.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”