Bon Jovi

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
cv23
Guru

Re: Bon Jovi

Post by cv23 »

machine wrote:
Karimazondo indicates that the site location is close to being finalized but was quick to deny that Prospera Place or the Bluffs would be the location. When asked if it would be at the Heartland Ranch in Joe Rich (formerly Eight Mile Ranch), Karimazondo stated "All I want to say at this point is that the site is to be announced shortly."

This has nothing to do with the Bluffs, if you have an issue with the Bluffs perhaps you should start your own thread on the subject.

Ah yes but many of the problems with the Bluffs in the past was the result of Deborah J Cameron Productions being involved. Now she is the lease holder at Heartland/8 mile Ranch so we can expect the issues to continue with any events held there now.
Okanagan Web

Post by Okanagan Web »

Sounds a little like it's unorginized to me?

Put info together, release info first, then sell tickets!!!! :skyisfalling:
At this ticket price, there should be way more information available to the hard working ticket buyers. I think the show is still possible but man, get it together!
Okanagan Web

Post by Okanagan Web »

Well I think the only show that worked at the Bluffs and was well orginized was the INXS concert but I think that people were still a little freaked out so there wasn't as many people as there should have been. Then they put on that very caotic Rock N Ride that pretty much sunk the venue. Too bad because after INXS I was thinking there was some hope for that amazing venue.

cv23 wrote:
machine wrote:
Karimazondo indicates that the site location is close to being finalized but was quick to deny that Prospera Place or the Bluffs would be the location. When asked if it would be at the Heartland Ranch in Joe Rich (formerly Eight Mile Ranch), Karimazondo stated "All I want to say at this point is that the site is to be announced shortly."

This has nothing to do with the Bluffs, if you have an issue with the Bluffs perhaps you should start your own thread on the subject.

Ah yes but many of the problems with the Bluffs in the past was the result of Deborah J Cameron Productions being involved. Now she is the lease holder at Heartland/8 mile Ranch so we can expect the issues to continue with any events held there now.
KPARKER83
Fledgling

Post by KPARKER83 »

Has anyone actually gotten a refund for their tickets or are we hooped?
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

ferri,

Thanks for the heads up in the other forum regarding this and my apologies for the double posting. I'm a little surprised people would hand over money in a situation like this.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

you're very welcome and no apology needed! :) welcome to the forum by the way!

i really hope no one gets ripped off, but i don't think i would handing over cash for this maybe concert. it just smells bad.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Honda59
Fledgling

Post by Honda59 »

I would not have handed money over. What are you going to tell VISA when you get nothing. You paid for a concert that might not happen? Hmmm... The organizer deserves to keep the money if people are that foolish. :dyinglaughing:

Hopefully that doesn't happen.
Last edited by Honda59 on Nov 25th, 2008, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i should re-word that actually. cash was not accepted, only credit cards. it still stinks. lol
― Albert Einstein
Lovintherockets

Post by Lovintherockets »

Okay so picture this Honda.....You wake up friday morning to the radio station that you always listen to and they announce that tickets go on sale at 7 am (4 minutes from the time you wake up) and you have to run down to purchase the pre-sale. One of the radio personalities, that you truly respect,is about as happy as you are in the announcement so you believe them and rush out the door in your PJs and stand in line to get tickets. You make the drive get the tickets and are doing the happy dance that you got the tickets right, then what, you get cranky? What if the tickets are for the concert that is yet to be booked? am I still foolish? What if I put all of the money for the tickets on my credit card? am I not covered? The answer to this question is YES. Visa and MC will reinburse me for "Fraud". Are you still going to call me foolish if the concert does happen? and second to that, IS the concert for sure a no go? I guess it is a wait and see game.
Call me foolish but I would rather have the chance at a concert than be sitting at home while a concert that I really want to see passes me by.
Honda59
Fledgling

Post by Honda59 »

Lovintherockets wrote:Okay so picture this Honda.....You wake up friday morning to the radio station that you always listen to and they announce that tickets go on sale at 7 am (4 minutes from the time you wake up) and you have to run down to purchase the pre-sale. One of the radio personalities, that you truly respect,is about as happy as you are in the announcement so you believe them and rush out the door in your PJs and stand in line to get tickets. You make the drive get the tickets and are doing the happy dance that you got the tickets right, then what, you get cranky? What if the tickets are for the concert that is yet to be booked? am I still foolish? What if I put all of the money for the tickets on my credit card? am I not covered? The answer to this question is YES. Visa and MC will reinburse me for "Fraud". Are you still going to call me foolish if the concert does happen? and second to that, IS the concert for sure a no go? I guess it is a wait and see game.
Call me foolish but I would rather have the chance at a concert than be sitting at home while a concert that I really want to see passes me by.

I said that I hope it doesn't happen where people are being taken advantage of. Besides, you were lucky that you didn't have to go to work and could stand in line.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Bon Jovi refund
by Deanne Deschatelets - Story: 43352
Nov 25, 2008 / 1:45 pm

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... 8-.htm#top

There is a lot of traffic at Rent-a-boat.ca and not for the right reasons.

After trying to secure a Bon Jovi concert for the Kelowna area Don Karimazondo, owner of Rent-a-boat.ca, has had the endeavour pulled from his grasps.

"I thought we had him and I thought everything was lined up. I made a few rookie mistakes and was out maneuvered and everything fell apart. I guess I am a little bit rusty on promoting because I didn't line up everything correctly and it fell through," says Karimazondo

This was an a endeavour by Karimazondo to re-enter the promoting scene. He says he has worked on other concerts in the past but not to this magnitude and only involving Hip Hop artists.

His goal was to show that there was a market in the Okanagan Valley for a concert of this enormity. Also, to sell over 10,000 tickets and donate at least half a million to support our troops with this concert fund raiser.

"My whole gimmick was not to make money. My idea was just trying to generate my promotion company and for my charity idea to get up and running. It took me a long time to work on this but it didn't go the way I had hope it would," says Karimazondo.

There were approximately 850 pre-sale receipts issued, at $100.00 each, to about 150 people. Refunds are now available.

"People have been expressing their disappointment that it didn't work out. I have been telling people I will try again and make sure all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted," says Karimazondo

People with a debit receipt need to go back to Rent-a-boat.ca to be issued a refund. Those who did the transaction on credit card will be refunded automatically.

To ensure this is being done, many are going down in person.

Don Reimer and his wife were issued 20 pre-sale receipts and were thrilled about the concert.

"A friend phoned me in the morning and told me to go to the SUN-FM website. There was a blurb to go down and get in line for a pre-sale of 1000 tickets. So that is what we did. They didn't give us tickets they gave us receipts and said the tickets would be mailed in a month and the concert would be at the Bluff," says Reimer.

He says he was worried that he had spent $2,000 and received only a receipt.

"On the way down it just seemed kind of odd to go down to a private business to buy Bon Jovi tickets so I thought if I put it on VISA I should be fairly safe. When I did go home I contacted VISA and was told that if it was a fraud or a scam that we would be insured.

The concern of this purchase led Reimer to ask for his money back.

"I phoned this morning and the message said their message center was full and to send an email. So I did and I didn't hear anything so I thought I would just drive down. That is the only way I found out how to get a refund," says Reimer.

A refund was issued and a lesson learned.
― Albert Einstein
Aluminium

Post by Aluminium »

I have stood out in line for many many concerts to get tickets before the internet sales started. A few, in line over night. I have never heard of such a stupid stunt.

I am really happy that I have absolutely no desire to see BonJovi and would consider them one of the most bubble gum hair bands that ever existed. I admit though, if it was an act that I considered favourable, I may have fallen for the same ploy.

I hope this renegade promoter gets his a$$ sued. I hope its by BonJovi. :smt073
E3V
Fledgling

Post by E3V »

I don't believe they were close to getting Bon Jovi. 1000 tickets at a 100$? Does that even pay for the setup costs of such a concert? Even if there were more tickets to be released later I doubt the groups managers told the Kelowna company "sell 1000 at 100 and we've got a deal"

Doesn't look like anyone got "scammed", just a major inconvenience for the people who lept out of bed to run down there.

Me thinks it was a way to promote the boat rental more then anything.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

So, if it hadn't fallen apart on him, he could have held your $100,000 for a considerable time and made some healthy interest or other investment income on it. Maybe he needed short term financing for something and used this ploy to "borrow" cash? I smell a rat, but what do I know?

To the Judge: this is only my opinion and I'm not accusing this guy of being a SCAM ARTIST in any way. :140:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Aluminium

Post by Aluminium »

Maybe someone asked for some deposit money (Bluffs or Artist) and he thought he could do some quick publicity & sales to get the gravy from the fans up front. Not very bright.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”