Bon Jovi

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
TedD
Board Meister

Re: Bon Jovi

Post by TedD »

This just in:
Madonna might be coming to Kelowna! You can pre-purchase your tickets at Rent-a-Brain. :clueless:
:nukeem:
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Saw Bon Jovi in Vegas a year ago.
Tickets were only $85USD so $100CDN isn't that far off the mark. The venue only seated 6000 so he will play smaller concerts which Kelowna would be classed as.
This whole thing with this Rent-a-boat guy seems like some kind of a get rich quick deal by a completely unprepared and unknowledgeable rookie trying to make an easy buck using other peoples money. As shown by the Vegas concert Bon Jovi would play a smaller concert like Kelowna but it would take a real promoter willing to put out some of his own cash up front to make it a reality.

Truthfully speaking as someone who's seen it it's a real girly concert designed for women, except for the scenery its a waste of money for most guys.
Okanagan Web

Post by Okanagan Web »

That's what I thought!!
No act would say "sure go sell some tickets but don't really give tickets, just receipt to find out if we should do it or not".

Pre mature and unexperienced is right. This guy will be redflagged in the industry for awhile and next time he will need to put 100% deposit not just the 50% required on any act if he can even get another one.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

I bet it was just a publicity stunt for his boat rental business.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Snarf
Übergod

Bon Jovi Tickets

Post by Snarf »

Did anyone in this forum actually pay for what they thought would be a ticket? :ohmygod:
And if so, did you not get any warning signals?
SaraChantell

Post by SaraChantell »

Well, I know they say that any publicity is good publicity, but in this case, it may not be true.
I can't speak for the rest of you but I will never step foot into his business, nor would I recommend him to anyone I know because of this whole ordeal. It's just smarmy.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

I agree.
If you watch the Rent-a-Boat owners interview regarding the whole mess he doesn't seem to have any remorse about inconveniencing all those people who lined up to give him money for his get rich quick scheme. Now those who paid with debit have to go down there again to get their refund.
I don't know why anybody would do any form of business with the guy.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

"My whole gimmick was not to make money."

Alledged criminals say the darnest things.
Not afraid to say "It".
BGV666
Übergod

Re: Bon Jovi Tickets

Post by BGV666 »

potverdomme wrote:Did anyone in this forum actually pay for what they thought would be a ticket? :ohmygod:
And if so, did you not get any warning signals?

I did purchase 10 ($1000.00) on my Visa, yes there where warning bells going off in my head at the time. My reason (logic) for this not being a scam was the announcement through SUN FM. I am surprised they allowed this to happen without further investigation. If you had been there you would have heard the excitement in the crowd about getting "pre-sale" tickets. A similar sale of tickets happend for John Mellencamp, there where no hard tickets issued at the time of "pre-sale". One of the biggest cripes the "Acts" have is with the ticketmaster's of the world dictating to them how they are going to sell thier product. If you watched the interview last night the guy summed it up in one sentence "why would I risk the buisiness I spent 8 years building to scam people". He has millions of dollars of inventory, space, staff etc. On a further note when I called my credit card company last night he had not even proccessed the charges through so they never even hit my card. Does'nt sound like a scam artist to me, and would'nt this be a different conversation if Bon Jovi was indeed coming to town.....
STUPID PEOPLE MAKE MY HEAD HURT.
warden
Übergod

Post by warden »

BGV666 wrote:I did purchase 10 ($1000.00) on my Visa, yes there where warning bells going off in my head at the time. My reason (logic) for this not being a scam was the announcement through SUN FM. I am surprised they allowed this to happen without further investigation. If you had been there you would have heard the excitement in the crowd about getting "pre-sale" tickets. A similar sale of tickets happend for John Mellencamp, there where no hard tickets issued at the time of "pre-sale". One of the biggest cripes the "Acts" have is with the ticketmaster's of the world dictating to them how they are going to sell thier product. If you watched the interview last night the guy summed it up in one sentence "why would I risk the buisiness I spent 8 years building to scam people". He has millions of dollars of inventory, space, staff etc. On a further note when I called my credit card company last night he had not even proccessed the charges through so they never even hit my card. Does'nt sound like a scam artist to me, and would'nt this be a different conversation if Bon Jovi was indeed coming to town.....

The difference being, the John Mellencamp tickets were sold by a legitimate ticketing company (Select Your Tickets) not a small business owner trying to branch out into concert promotion. Also, pre-sale tickets are never handed out before the general on-sale by either Ticketmaster or Select Your Tickets, however, when you buy pre-sale tickets through either one of these companies, you are set-up with an account and the tickets are stored on your account until you pick them up after the general on-sale. You don't just get a receipt and a prayer that this schmo will remember you down the line.

If I remember correctly, the deal with the John Mellencamp tickets was that you couldn't pick up your tickets until the week of (day of maybe?) the show. This was instituted at the request of the promoter to avoid ticket scalping, it was not SYT's decision.
Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien
E3V
Fledgling

Post by E3V »

Are you sure he said 8 years not 8 months? Someone on here posted an article that said the business opened summer '08
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

BGV666 wrote: If you watched the interview last night the guy summed it up in one sentence "why would I risk the buisiness I spent 8 years building to scam people". He has millions of dollars of inventory, space, staff etc.

I don't know what business the guy is talking about but Rent-a-Boat hasn't even been in business a year yet. He has no inventory that is actually paid for, it's all leased. He leases his building and his vehicles and having staff to pay is a liability not an asset.
He could probably put what he actually owns into a suitcase and be gone from town in a hour.

I doubt he's a scam artist as he doesn't appear intelligent enough to actually pull off a real scam.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I saw the interview last night, was not impressed and he did say 8 years but didn't elaborate what business. Makes one wonder what business he was talking about.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Fancy wrote:I saw the interview last night, was not impressed and he did say 8 years but didn't elaborate what business. Makes one wonder what business he was talking about.

Sounds like maybe Funny Business if you know what I mean.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

cv23 wrote:I don't know what business the guy is talking about but Rent-a-Boat hasn't even been in business a year yet. He has no inventory that is actually paid for, it's all leased. He leases his building and his vehicles and having staff to pay is a liability not an asset.
He could probably put what he actually owns into a suitcase and be gone from town in a hour.

This type of business often takes cash from illegal activities and processes financial transactions in order to conceal the identity or source of the money.
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”