Huckleberries

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Huckleberries

Post by Cateyes »

Picked several buckets worth out in the Kootenays the other day at an elevation of 3800' . Perfect time I think. Many plants had no leaves left, just nice ripe berries so you can pick fast. Never saw much higher up so either too late or just better down low where I was.
Find something to give a damn about!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The black huckleberry and oval-leafed blueberry were out and about today...

IMG_1432small.JPG
blue2.JPG
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Yes they sure are. Huckleberry pie time.
Boss316

Post by Boss316 »

I know usually late June to September is ideal huckleberry picking time but would early June this year be a good time to go Huckleberry picking? I have seen news about how this is a good early crop year for orchards....just wondering if this would be a good year for huckleberries to grow/ripen earlier than usual?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Things are three weeks early this year, so do the Math. July 24th minus three weeks equals about July 3rd. Of course, it also depends on which elevation you're intending to visit.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Of course if a huckleberry spots location is given out, someone must be :digging:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”