Do you know what you are eating?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Do you know what you are eating?

Post by Glacier »

organic.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

You know what's really funny? We all know apples are always near the top
of the list when it comes to being contaminated with pesticides.
Apples may be sprayed up to 16 times with 47 different pesticides.

I would like to know if an apple was sprayed sixten times. You would think we have
the technology to put a label on fruit that was sprayed sixteen times. Somewhere, out
there is an apple that was sprayed sixteen times. Maybe it came from California, where codling moth
has many more generations than in BC because of the warmer weather, and the apple was sprayed sixteen times.
Maye it came fro Michigan, where it rains like crazy, and the apple growers spray fungicides for apple
scab sixteen times. If an apple or any other fruit was sprayed sixteen times, and it's sitting on the shelf
all shined up and colorful, I want to know about it.

But something strange happens when you talk to the managers in the apple industry about pesticides - they go totally goofy,
and they are unable to speak. All they can say is - the pesticide residues are within safe limits set by the government.
So I ask them how many times on average are apples sprayed. They go silent - as if terrified to answer,
because each farmer is different, and also because they know some growers do spray their apples sixteen times.

But here's a nice long article about organic apples. It's a completely deceitful article - but go ahead and read it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... iteam.html
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

So yeah,

BC apples probably have 80% less pesticides than apples from other areas, but no one
wants to talk about it because it's not a pleasant topic.

If BC apple indsutry tried to advertise their apples as 'overall more clean' than Washington state, it would start WW3, because
then BC apple growers would have to justify why they use pesticides at all, and maybe explain why a small percentage of BC apples are blasted with 'more' pesticides than Washington state.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Time for 4 free range brown chicken eggs, and a 1/2 pound of pork belly,(not factory pork belly) with fried potato's and herbs.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

jimsenchuk wrote:Time for 4 free range brown chicken eggs, and a 1/2 pound of pork belly,(not factory pork belly) with fried potato's and herbs.

I made a huge pot of bean and bacon soup yesterday nearly everything (aside from the salt/pepper/molasses) was grown by me.
It was yummy and I've frozen up the rest to eat later.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Glacier wrote:
organic.jpg

:dyinglaughing: "organic" food...
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Underscore, not really understanding the :dyinglaughing:

I, like Nom, grow lots of food free of pesticides and herbicides. How can I go wrong? Organic. So what?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Queen K wrote:Underscore, not really understanding the :dyinglaughing:

I, like Nom, grow lots of food free of pesticides and herbicides. How can I go wrong? Organic. So what?

and you get to play with your food first, which is always fun
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Queen K wrote:Underscore, not really understanding the :dyinglaughing:

No, I understand what it's for. Store bought "organic" food is a joke.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Everyone should watch the William Davis video. Then watch it again - so you can understand it.
Borlaug

Norman Borlaug developed new high yielding dwarf varieties of wheat in the 1960s
that helped countries like India and Pakistan avoid having millions of their people
starve. these new varieties produced ten times more than the old varieties from the bible.

And 25% of our diet is wheat. Obese Americans eat wheat in pasta, bread,
pizza, crackers, donuts, cereal, bagels, and they are always hungry and want more
because wheat is an opiate.

Modern wheat is an opiate.

And, of course, I don’t mean that wheat is an opiate in the sense that you like it so much that you feel you are addicted. Wheat is truly addictive.

Wheat is addictive in the sense that it comes to dominate thoughts and behaviors. Wheat is addictive in the sense that, if you don’t have any for several hours, you start to get nervous, foggy, tremulous, and start desperately seeking out another “hit” of crackers, bagels, or bread, even if it’s the few stale 3-month old crackers at the bottom of the box.

The gluten in wheat damages the vili - the small hairs in the small intestine. When you stop eating wheat you are no longer hungry. You will lose weight .

The gluten in wheat damages the vili - the small hairs in the small intestine.

Attachments
food.jpg

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”