Any good movies out there?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Any good movies out there?

Post by normaM »

Daniel doesn't work as Bond for me
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

A Christmas Carol - 2009.

Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

-fluffy- wrote:As far as Bond films go it is among the best to date.

Are you drunk or something? Worst one ever!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Captain Awesome wrote:Are you drunk or something? Worst one ever!

I have the advantage of being very cheap and superficial, and that makes me easily entertained.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

the tightwad tues viewing gave you away my friend :{ j/k
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

normaM wrote:Daniel doesn't work as Bond for me

TO me, Daniel Craig did for Bond what Christian Bale did for Batman: brought a seriousness to an otherwise campy franchise. I liked Pierce Brosnan as Bond, but overall his shows were kinda over the top. Craig's Bond at least gets his butt kicked on occasion.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

James did not have such big ears, and he was taller, Daniel wears lifts. Sean is the only good Bond
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I actually liked Timothy Dalton for the same reasons Phoenix Within states. Although there's no doubt in my mind that Sean Connery was the best man for the job at the time, I'm reminded of an interview I heard with Clint Eastwood who, when asked about reprising his Dirty Harry role, commented on how exciting the chase scenes through San Francisco would be with him in a walker.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Sean could chase me with a walker. He has the voice. As does my Vin :)
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

normaM wrote:Sean could chase me with a walker. He has the voice. As does my Vin :)

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

pffffffffffffffttttttttttt.
so trapped in the house last night I tried to watch ELF. 20 mins I was trolling for a Justin Beiber xmas special.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Will Ferrell blows bigtime.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I was embarassed for him. No idea why it even was made, poor James looked sheepish. My shadow puppets are funnier.But he'd still prolly make a better Bond LOL j/k
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Elf is the only Will Ferrel show I've really liked. I don't get the appeal of the guy. It's like Ben Stiller movies, only movie he's done that I've liked has been Zoolander.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I watched another movie in the "Jesse Stone" series last night and these things just keep getting better. Tom Selleck plays the lead in this series of eight made-for-TV movies and I think at this point I'm going to start over and watch the whole series in proper order. Selleck plays a flawed, emotionally struggling small town cop with impressive depth, the murder mysteries seem at times to be more of a backdrop to to the character plays. A clever, quiet and immensely viewable series, not the usual parade of chase scenes and explosions that seem to have taken over much of the screen over recent years.

I picked up a box set of classic Hitchcock movies for my Dad for Christmas, all the good ones, the Jimmy Stewarts and Cary Grants and his other highly memorable productions. I'm hoping Dad will appreciate this return to fine story telling as he shares some of my feelings about lack of depth in movies today. Not that I'm against the occasional venture into deep space with Kirk and Spock, or a little stroll through MIddle Earth, but I do enjoy the days when a good story was the drawing card as opposed to a couple of hundred million dollars worth of Hollywood "magic".

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”