Any good movies out there?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Any good movies out there?

Post by Symbonite »

Phoenix Within wrote:"Lone Survivor" - Finally! Taylor Kitsch is in a decent movie!

I dont know...I really liked John Carter...too Bad Disney screwed it up because of lack of Promotion.

Also Battleship was a good popcorn movie as well.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Battleship is time of my life that I will never get back! Ranks up there with Battlefield LA.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Ya Battlefield LA wasnt very great....

Talking about Cant get my time back is Battlefield Earth....that I would say was the worst movie I have ever seen...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Symbonite wrote:Talking about Cant get my time back is Battlefield Earth....that I would say was the worst movie I have ever seen...

AVP:Requiem will be one movie forever on my detest list. Shame since I love both franchises, but that movie was awful.

Battlefield Earth I kinda liked, but it has an odd little place in my heart as it is. I went on a first date with a girl to that movie. She had a friend in it that was an extra. We didn't date long (weren't each others type), but stayed friends. Fast forward a few years later, she became and still is my wife. :-)

But yea, the prosthetics were horrible. Probably wouldn't be made if it wasn't for John Travolta. In case someone didn't know, BE was written by L. Ron Hubbard; the creator of Scientology.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Do you like ACTION with some crazyness and NO romantic sub plot?

Mad Max: fury road is just fantastic. Its not for the faint of heart but its one best action moveis i have seen in a long time.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Has anyone seen Jurassic World yet? I might have to take my kids tomorrow to beat the heat. I have to see this one on the big screen.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Phoenix Within wrote:AVP:Requiem will be one movie forever on my detest list. Shame since I love both franchises, but that movie was awful.

Awful, just awful. Two awesome franchises collided to produce a giant *bleep*.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

JLives wrote:Has anyone seen Jurassic World yet? I might have to take my kids tomorrow to beat the heat. I have to see this one on the big screen.

My son saw it and LOVED it! His cousin's took him.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

JLives wrote:Has anyone seen Jurassic World yet?

Might wait for the DVD on that one. I lost interest when they decided to have trained Raptors.

Would like to take the kid to Inside Out. Heard good reviews. Heard the same for "Spy", but I think I'll leave him out of that one. lol
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Had six hours to kill on the plane so I watched two movies I'm sure glad I didn't run out to the theater for:

The Kingsmen: The Secret Service. Disney in Britain. Kids save the World theme with British accents but none of the Harry Potter charm. Oh and not one but two McD's ads thrown in. Gross.

Battle of the Five Armies, the last of the The Hobbit installment. Can the mess up Tolkien even more please?
Last edited by Queen K on Jun 29th, 2015, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

I did see Jurassic World (someone else paid). It was an okay movie if you turn your brain off and see it for what it is. No where near the level of awesome of the first one. Really, it more or less is a retelling of the same story with a roaming buffet for the dinosaurs.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

^^^ My thoughts exactly.

Having phone screens coming on repeatedly throughout the theater didn't help.

How self-absorbed can people be - the ignorant texting tw@s !

...I just hope my tic-tac projectiles found their mark.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Just finished watching "Jupiter Ascending" - I quite liked it, the whole design reminded me a bit of "Dune", very over the top costume and set designs. The story was quite well written as well. You have to watch it in 3D though to really enjoy the cinematography. Definitely one of the better fantasy fiction movies in recent years.

"Interstellar" was another movie I really enjoyed, but I'm a big Christopher Nolan fan, so I'm a bit biased. I found it had a very authentic feel to it and although many people will disagree with me, I thought Hans Zimmer's score was brilliant, it really added to the movie.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:
Battle of the Five Armies, the last of the The Hobbit installment. Can the mess up Tolkien even more please?

I quite enjoyed the last installment. Having left the theatre at the end of "The Desolation Of Smaug" it really left me wondering how they were going to fill another 3 hours of film time when there was just a few chapters left in the book. I found that Peter Jackson did a pretty good job with the battle of The Lonely Mountain. The only complaint I have is that its all over now :(
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Jurassic World was pretty good on a big screen in 3D. I wouldn't watch it at home on a our puny TV.

But hey, not bad for $10 of entertainment.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”