Any good movies out there?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Any good movies out there?

Post by lesliepaul »

Would love to get out to a GOOD movie. This year has been a disappointment for the most part unless super hero's (Deadpool and Martian were good) or Sci-Fi are big on your agenda.

There has not been a GREAT comedy since the original "Hangover" (personal taste of course), "Something About Mary" or the "Naked Gun" movies...........come on Mel Brooks, you must have one more comedy in you............how about you Larry David, Zucker brothers, Farelly brothers or the Coens.

Great cops and robbers movies are also RARE. The greatest was "Heat" with De Niro and Pacino and that is going back almost 20 years. I will say that last years "Hell or High Water" was excellent and "No Country For Old Men" from a few years ago also excellent. Again, Denzel's movies are almost always entertaining and Tom Cruise can still put out a good movie. Time for Quentin Tarentino to show his brilliance again.

Have checked out a few of the Academy Award winning movies from last year and most were snore-fests (which is usually the case) even with the great acting.

MAYBE there is something in the pipe that is not on the radar yet.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Big SCI FI fan here and they've produced nothing but garbage for the most part, for the last 5 years or so.

However, I just watched Life the other night and loved it.

Thought it was a great concept instead of the usual "giant killer monsters" out there, or the completely boring "nothing ever actually happens" movies (looking at you Gravity and The Martian) that bore me to tears.

I found it very plausible, entertaining and enjoyed literally everything about it. I can't say much about it, because there are too many ways to give spoilers on this one. If you like space movies or alien movies, give it a whirl
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I loved The Martian.

But yeah, nice tip on a new one.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Queen K wrote:I loved The Martian.

But yeah, nice tip on a new one.

So so very boring to me. Nothing happened. He grew potatoes and started a fire. Yawn
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

To me it was, NASA figured out he was still there and how were they getting him back. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Alexa1994

Post by Alexa1994 »

Shawshank redemption my all time love.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I know the new Mummy is out, but I really don't' want to see it. :/ I like the Brendan Fraser version . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Any reviews on Baby Driver?
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

Queen K wrote:Any reviews on Baby Driver?

Do you not check RottenTomatoes? It has something like a 97% positive rating. I saw it and it's really good. Spider-Man also released last night and I've heard it's great. I really want to go see it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

richardclank wrote:
Queen K wrote:Any reviews on Baby Driver?

Do you not check RottenTomatoes? It has something like a 97% positive rating. I saw it and it's really good. Spider-Man also released last night and I've heard it's great. I really want to go see it.

No but maybe I should. I do like to check with people who may have seen it here. Some of them are people I've met and know and trust their judgement.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

BABY DRIVER..............seen it last week and I thought it was worth the price of admission, wife not so much.........she felt it was for a younger crowd. The movie had a bit of everything and I do like car chases and a good soundtrack. It has been what I would call a poor year for good movies (what I prefer anyway) but this one was one I was waiting for. If you are unsure about seeing it, check out some of the trailers for it.
Nicolas_St

Post by Nicolas_St »

I am rewatching James Bond movies these days. Last weekend was Quantum of Solace (2008). Maybe this one is not the best but is definitely worth watching. I somehow like Bond movies, maybe for the atmosphere: beautiful landscapes, yachts, girls, luxury houses in exotic countries, like this villa in Spain https://tranio.com/spain/adt/1294890/ which is for sale now :smt045 , can’t actually figure from what movie it is.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Saw Hacksaw Ridge this weekend. Wow. A bit on the gorey side for me, but I still recommend it.
I haven't failed until I quit.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I watched Kong: Skull Island with my son last night. We totally loved it. It was very well done and beautifully shot.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Anybody see Dunkirk? Thoughts on the movie if you seen it?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”