Any good movies out there?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Triple 6

Re: Any good movies out there?

Post by Triple 6 »

WeatherWoman wrote:Going to see American Hustle tonight

Ohh..I'm looking forward to your review! I saw "The Wolf of Wall Street" today. I really enjoyed it. Great acting, good story, and funny. 18A. A lot of sex, drugs and sex.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

No review. Movie sold out.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Just rented "The Butler" ... good movie, somewhat emotional. Forest Whitaker is a great actor and really steals the show. Oprah Winfrey is kind of useless as an actress I find, but hey whatever. Other than that some very interesting casting choices for Presidential roles such as Robin Williams, John Cusack and Alan Rickman.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I can't wait to see the Lego Movie. We're going next weekend.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Saw Cowboys and Aliens on Netflix.

Park yer brain. Daniel Craig is hot. Harrison Ford is hot, for seniors. And the whole movie in general is shot in a desert, so it's hot. But really really sci-fi dumb!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:Saw Cowboys and Aliens on Netflix.

Park yer brain. Daniel Craig is hot. Harrison Ford is hot, for seniors. And the whole movie in general is shot in a desert, so it's hot. But really really sci-fi dumb!

Saw it at the drive in when it first came out ... figured it would have been a sure thing, I mean adding cowboys and aliens ... its like a Saturday Matinee dream ... but it kinda really sucked LOL!

We also ended up watching "The Fifth Estate" last night ... dragged a bit but was worth watching. Just finished watching "Bad Grandpa" ... if you like Jackass, you'd like it ... had a few good skits in it.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Thinking of going to see "the Lego Movie" on Friday night. Haven't seen a bad review of it yet.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I saw the Hobbit yesterday in 3D.

I must say, this 3D thing is pretty awesome!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

For certain movies, like The Hobbit and Avatar and Jackass, it is completely stunning.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
clixbee

Post by clixbee »

I have lost interest in new movies and continue to watch domestic and foreign films from the 30's to the 90's. Every Friday night is Science Fiction Theater 3000 Night here in the clixbee household and that is better than most stuff made today.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Lego Movie: SERIOUSLY good! Definitely lives up to the hype. One of those movies where there's so much going on, you need to watch it a couple of times to catch everything.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I appreciate that The Hobbit was made into three movies to do the book and Tolkien's genius justice.

What I don't appreciate is that in time when they are released on DVD, we'll have to wade through that excruciatingly badly made first movie to get to the final two.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

,but imagine the weekend it will be with all 3 extended versions of the Hobbit on DVD followed by the LOTR extended versions.
That will be your Tolkien nerd fest right there.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And the NEXT two days I could have a Harry Potter marathon.

As for Netflix, we've discovered the joys of LOST. A subtle blend of Gilligan's Island, Twilight Zone, 4400 and Survivor. How could I have missed this? Watch three in a row and it's like a movie.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:And the NEXT two days I could have a Harry Potter marathon.

As for Netflix, we've discovered the joys of LOST. A subtle blend of Gilligan's Island, Twilight Zone, 4400 and Survivor. How could I have missed this? Watch three in a row and it's like a movie.

Lost gets stranger as it goes along...we kept watching just to see what they thought up next.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”