Any good movies out there?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Any good movies out there?

Post by Queen K »

Now I'm going to have to watch The Town.

Thanks Warden, after rechecking the episode titles I came back to correct Thin Man to Stretch.

Likewise hats off to PW for posting that info as to why the show moved. I know I read that over and over around the time the move came about.

As for what's worth watching for whom it's individual. I liked the worst series ever due to one character alone and the landscape, anyone else might have given up after two episodes.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Triple 6 wrote: The Town was a great movie with a great cast. Ben's come into his own. His acting is better and directing is fab. Argo is a great movie. With Ben starrng and directing.

Gonna have to watch that one again (put it on my list) and looking forward to Argo which is coming out at our video rental shop in a couple of weeks.

Watched "Flight" (with de Denzel) last night and thought it was very good. Anyone else see it?
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

steven lloyd wrote:Watched "Flight" (with de Denzel) last night and thought it was very good. Anyone else see it?

Edited: I thought it was excellent. Solid acting by Denzel and cast.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Triple 6 wrote: The Town was a great movie with a great cast. Ben's come into his own. His acting is better and directing is fab. Argo is a great movie. With Ben starrng and directing.

steven lloyd wrote: Gonna have to watch that one again (put it on my list) and looking forward to Argo which is coming out at our video rental shop in a couple of weeks.

Watched "town" last night. A bit of a slow start and the idea of a romantic relationship developed with the traumatized victim a little far-fetched but still all in all a pretty darn good movie. Looking forward to watching Argo next weekend.

Checking out the new Bond movie tonight.
petspal
Fledgling

Post by petspal »

I agree both Flight and Argo were great movies....I will definitely watch them again when they are out on VOD
Flight might be a little hard for some people to handle, ie drugs and swearing not to mention ...will I ever fly again but Denzel and John Goodman were great

Great to see real life story of the hostages in Iran and how Canada contributed to their release....good history lesson

I saw Quartet today ...loved the actors...funny and sweet
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Anybody is into The Wire?

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

petspal wrote:I agree both Flight and Argo were great movies....I will definitely watch them again when they are out on VOD
Flight might be a little hard for some people to handle, ie drugs and swearing not to mention ...will I ever fly again but Denzel and John Goodman were great

Great to see real life story of the hostages in Iran and how Canada contributed to their release....good history lesson

I saw Quartet today ...loved the actors...funny and sweet

Flight is out on VOD........ Shaw

Movies based on real events (i.e Argo) are more often than not very loosely based...... more fiction than fact used.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

I watched Flight Thursday evening. I really enjoyed it but I thought the ending was a little lame. Great acting by Denzel, and a pretty darn accurate portrayal of alcoholism and its related struggles. Excellent soundtrack too. I wouldn't be surprised if some sensitive folk would shut it off within the first few minutes. Their loss.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

The Sessions = :smt023

If you like stuff that strays away from the mainstream Hollywood formula this one will work for you, guaranteed.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote:Anybody is into The Wire?

Have heard many good things about it. Will rent the series at the appropriate time.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

"Skyfall" was good. Can't say where I rate it exactly among Bond movies, but defitnitely closer to the top than the bottom.
Last edited by steven lloyd on Feb 17th, 2013, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

steven lloyd wrote:Have heard many good things about it. Will rent the series at the appropriate time.

The first two seasons are awesome. But I think you'll enjoy the third one the most since it deals with some issues I know you have strong opinions about.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote: The first two seasons are awesome. But I think you'll enjoy the third one the most since it deals with some issues I know you have strong opinions about.

Hmmm. Now I am intrigued.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

We just saw "Here Comes the Boom" - not a heavy movie by any means, but we enjoyed it.
I haven't failed until I quit.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

That kinda looks like fun. When I saw Henry Winkler there I thought how it had been ages since I've seen him anywhere, but a peek on IMBD shows that he has stayed pretty busy.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”