Any good movies out there?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Any good movies out there?

Post by Captain Awesome »

My wife is all crazy about the Hobbit, she is a huge fan of LOTR series. I really want to check out their new filming technology, apparently the quality is supposed to be amazing. Might have to watch it in iMax to truly appreciate it.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Queen K wrote:
Queen K wrote:Who's looking forward to The Hobbit?

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.s ... sed_a.html

Looking forward to it!

Captain Awesome, I was raving about the Hobbit two pages back. Yes, can hardly wait.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Hobbit: Yes, I have high expectations.

Life of Pi: Looking forward to that one.

Les Miserables: I think this is going to be a great movie with oscar potential. Apparently, the actors are singing while doing the acting, and then music will be added. It's going to convey a lot of emotion into the music.

And, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm looking forward to the new "Chronicles of Riddick" movie. This show has always been a guilty pleasure for me. I've watched it countless times.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Speaking of iMax, is there an iMax theater anywhere in Okanagan? The new theater on West Side?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/76867/Xtreme-night-at-the-movies

I've heard this one described as an "Imax wannabe", but haven't heard much else. Haven't been there yet.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

-fluffy- wrote:http://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/76867/Xtreme-night-at-the-movies

I've heard this one described as an "Imax wannabe", but haven't heard much else. Haven't been there yet.

Yeh, its not as good as an imax theatre but for sure it is the best in the Okanagan.Been there a few times now.For anyone interested you can go on the movie area (on Castanet) and buy your tickets and pick your seats early.
I already have good seats bought for The Hobbit----can't wait!!!!
peachlandnotary

Post by peachlandnotary »

It's probably already been mentioned...but worth mentioning again that Landmark (Encore) in West Kelowna has $4 movies and they are just $2 on Thursdays!!!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Re: "Memento"
Sorry, I wasn't sharp enough to appreciate this one the other night. It's one of those that requires attention. Gonna try again tonight, maybe start a little earlier while I still have half a clue.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We took a break from our Twin Peaks marathon and opted for Hugo.

Still trying to decide if it was a hugo waste of time or not.

Yes, 5 academy awards blah blah, and yes, cute kids. But slow. Omigod, it was so slow. Edit the wide eyed staring out for at least ten minutes and add more of what the show was really supposed to have been about, the moviemaker George.

I'd say the last thirty minutes of the whole show was actually worth the time.

As for Twin Peaks, we're in second season and it's getting stranger and stranger. Scarier too oddly enough.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

How long did Twin Peaks run? I downloaded a folder with two full seasons, will I be missing something? And where does "Fire Walk With Me" fit into the picture?
Last edited by fluffy on Nov 24th, 2012, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Netflix has it listed as having 30 episodes. So I'm thinking three seasons.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

-fluffy- wrote:How long did Twin Peaks run? I downloaded a folder with two full seasons, will I be missing something? And where does "Fire Walk With Me" fit into the picture?

You won't be missing anything.
The first season had 8 episodes and
the second season had 22 episodes.
Don't know what "Fire walk with me" is.(???)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The fire reference shows up in several episodes, it could be a red herring as much as many other "clues" are. Or it could actually mean something.

Fluffy, last night we were trying to Id the bird in the opening of every episode. Any ideas?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Lore wrote:Don't know what "Fire walk with me" is.(???)

Found a wikipedia entry, it was a theatrical release done after the series was cancelled, essentially a prequel. Met with cold response in the states.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Queen K wrote:The fire reference shows up in several episodes, it could be a red herring as much as many other "clues" are. Or it could actually mean something.

Fluffy, last night we were trying to Id the bird in the opening of every episode. Any ideas?

And the bird is......... drumroll please
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 410AAixjFm

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”