Where do you get good Chinese food in Kelowna

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Deleted
Fledgling

Re: Where do you get good Chinese food in Kelowna

Post by Deleted »

Imperial Banquet Restaurant in Kelowna is good. They are open 7 days a week from 3-11pm

Buffet King is really good too
Last edited by Deleted on Jun 23rd, 2010, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I remember watching Wok With Yan on tv, he taught me more about food prep than mom ever did.

As an adult I started to use his cookbooks, they are amazing. But you gotta watch the ingredient list because it isn't always complete. Part of the charm eh.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
watchkat
Übergod

Post by watchkat »

Queen K wrote:I remember watching Wok With Yan on tv, he taught me more about food prep than mom ever did.

As an adult I started to use his cookbooks, they are amazing. But you gotta watch the ingredient list because it isn't always complete. Part of the charm eh.

The one thing that I noticed is that there is a list up top ie the lemon chicken recipe which has the batter ingredients of egg, flour, baking powder, but the water is in the instructions below 3/4 c.
The 1cup water in the top list is for the lemon sauce.

I see what you mean, but I used a yellow felt pen to separate the ingredients and easy reading for anyone looking at it.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Have an autographed cook book of his .Dont want to cook ,Just want a good take out place.So far Mekong is leading the list.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Good idea.

Even a few years back when I had the used bookstore people still asked for his books.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

Captain Awesome wrote:I wish there was a good place for some Pho around here.

I haven't had Pho since I left Vancouver.

Pho Btch Ngga 4 Life.

For Good Pho...Go to the little place in downtown Westbank - Opposite the Community Hall on Main . Its almost next to Lams the jewelers. Cant remember the name. Tiny restaurant, but worth the crush to eat Pho there rather than "to go"

But generally, I have to agree that the quality here (Kelowna and West Kelowna) is pretty poor. The hygiene is not too hot either.

The buffet deal always worries me cos the food is almost cold by the time you get to the table. Sometimes the gravies turn to goop on the plate as they cool and congeal..... So it's back to get a hot plate - you hope! and some warmer food.I almost want to see a microwave table so I can nuke the germs and heat my food up.

Any more "authentic" restaurant suggestions???
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

The best pho in town used to be at vietnam village. Some new owners took over 5 years ago or so and changed the menu. None of the dishes were as good as the previous owners, and even after giving them a chance, I had to take my daily lunch elsewhere. Mon Thong in Orchard Plaza is OK, but Bai Tong on Water street is superior. I understand people from the same family own both, and they each have the same menu. Bai Tong is MUCH cleaner and the food is MUCH fresher. I have eaten at both 100's of times and I wont go to Mon Thong again. I drive the extra distance and go to Bai Tong.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
mystica
Board Meister

Post by mystica »

babbitman wrote:The best pho in town used to be at vietnam village. Some new owners took over 5 years ago or so and changed the menu. None of the dishes were as good as the previous owners, and even after giving them a chance, I had to take my daily lunch elsewhere. Mon Thong in Orchard Plaza is OK, but Bai Tong on Water street is superior. I understand people from the same family own both, and they each have the same menu. Bai Tong is MUCH cleaner and the food is MUCH fresher. I have eaten at both 100's of times and I wont go to Mon Thong again. I drive the extra distance and go to Bai Tong.

I have to agree. I tried the Orchard Plazza one and was amazed at the difference between the two. Water street for me only! Totally different atmosphere, food and service! :sunshine:
TDogg80
Fledgling

Post by TDogg80 »

We have been ordering from the one in Willow park in Rutland, and love it. Great prices too. Before that, when I lived downtown, I would always order from Ken's on Bernard. Again, good food, good prices. For buffet, Buffet King on 97 is the best. For Vietnamese, Saigon downtown is the ONLY place we go.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I noticed that Ken's is closed now.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Thumbs up for Buffet King...

the only Vegetables that are green and everything is fresh....

the hosts on Sundays are always friendly as well.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Bobbi32

Post by Bobbi32 »

We enjoy the Imperial on Rutland Rd N. The ginger beef tasted like ginger beef, and the portions were generous for the price. The lemon chicken and chow mein were both really good, not transcendant, but really good.
Always take hold of things by the smooth handle.- Thomas Jefferson
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Bsuds wrote:
StraitTalk wrote:Wok Inn!

The one on Lakeshor is closed, now a parking lot under construction

:200: :200: :200: :200: :200: :200: :200: :200: :200: :200:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I completely forgot about all that but never really noticed the Wok was gone. So many good memories of going there after the beach. Never been disappointed except when I ordered fish soup once... However I'm not sure anyone can make a genuine Chinese fish soup I can like.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

I'll second the Imperial in Rutland.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Captain Awesome wrote:I wish there was a good place for some Pho around here.

I haven't had Pho since I left Vancouver.

Try Pho Fusion across from the Superstore in Vernon. Probably not Vancouver quality, but one of the better choices in this valley.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”