Recipe Exchange

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Bubalouie
Guru

Recipe Exchange

Post by Bubalouie »

I know that there used to be a site for this but ....anyway, thought it might be a nice idea to share some recipes with each other again.....Yes ?? No ????
BriTer
Guru

Re: Recipe Exchange

Post by BriTer »

MaxMom wrote:I know that there used to be a site for this but ....anyway, thought it might be a nice idea to share some recipes with each other again.....Yes ?? No ????

There have been a number of them, but most people don't go out of their way to find them so its a good idea to post another I think.
You really should go through the old ones, some great recipes there. This thread will no doubt bring out some that aren't on the other threads.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Great idea.

I know how to do a beef roast \:D/

I actually have some good recepies to share.
dandynick5
Guru

Post by dandynick5 »

Nice thin pork chops.
Green pepper chopped (amount to taste)

Fresh or jarred garlic
Worcestershire Sauce
BBQ sauce

Mix up a large quantity of BBQ sauce, a few shots of wooster and garlic to taste while the chops are frying. Coat the chops as normal and cook as normal. Toward the end, sprinkle the chopped peppers in and mix in the sauce and chops. This way the peppers still have a bit of snap to them. Use the sauce with the chops or on rice as the side dish.
This signature may be a forgery.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

MaxMom wrote:I know that there used to be a site for this but ....anyway, thought it might be a nice idea to share some recipes with each other again.....Yes ?? No ????

You ask how to prepare something, I'll do my best to help you do it. And usually I can give you at least 3 or 4 different ways depending on what it is.

I have so many recipes in my head that I can't begin to start posting them.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Just thought if people had some really good and maybe quick and easy recipes, it would be nice to post them.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

This one takes about an hour and you need an electric frying pan but is really good and easy.

4 - 6 pork chops
6-8 potatoes, sliced thinly
2 cans cream of mushroom soup

Brown the chops quickly on both sides, of course, season them with salt and pepper. Slice the potatoes on top of the chops. Add both cans of soup, WITHOUT THE WATER. Put the lid on and cook about 300 degrees in frying pan. After about 20 minutes, take the chops from the bottom and lay them on top of the potatoes. Check again after about 20 and if potatoes, tender, dinner is ready........

We sometimes will brown onions and fresh sliced mushrooms, green pepper as well.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If anyone has any no/low salt recipes they would be helpful.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dandynick5
Guru

Post by dandynick5 »

bsuds wrote:If anyone has any no/low salt recipes they would be helpful.

I have one for chocolate chip cookies that doesn't take any salt. Is that what you mean? :12077:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dandynick5 wrote:

I have one for chocolate chip cookies that doesn't take any salt. Is that what you mean? :12077:

AS long as there is no sugar either, I have a double whammy in that no sugar or salt allowed. :-X
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dandynick5
Guru

Post by dandynick5 »

bsuds wrote:
dandynick5 wrote:

AS long as there is no sugar either, I have a double whammy in that no sugar or salt allowed. :-X

Oh! Well, um, never mind then.
Smuckers
Board Meister

Post by Smuckers »

This recipe is sooo good, quick and easy:

Pan sear two quick fry steaks with just salt and pepper. Transfer them on to a plate and let them rest with a tin foil cover.

Pour 1/2 cup of Balsamic Vinegar in fry-pan the steak was cooked in and simmer the balsamic until it reduces to a syrup. Then add 1/4 cup dijon mustard to the vinegar and the drippings from the resting steak. Combine in the pan until juices and mustard are well combined.

Serve steak with your favorite side (We like garlic bread and ceaser salad) and pour the balsamic "gravy" on the steak. So good and takes so little time.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

As a nice option to garlic bread try it with chives (green onions). Prepare it the same as garlic bread.
This summer we will try it with garlic chives.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Not sure if I posted this in one of the previous recipe threads.
A recipe for salmon pie, a favorite from the French Canadian side of my family. No idea where its origins are but I suspect it was used to stretch the $$.
My Grandfather really enjoyed this.
One large can of salmon (the cheap one is fine) mixed with hot mashed potatoes. Some use two small cans instead. Use the juice from the salmon in the mashed potatoes and milk if it still needs thinning. I also like to add sauted onion.
Put it into a pie crust, top it off with another pie crust and bake at about 375 for about a half hour.
Puppycake
Board Meister

Post by Puppycake »

I would love to have an easy recipe for Tea Biscuits! Thanks in advance!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”