Where not to go for dinner -Momo Sushi (Westbank)

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
dego_red
Fledgling

Post by dego_red »

Guess the BBB should be contacted.... Man, I just hate that kind of stuff, it just wastes your time to go in and find no deal...

red
dego_red
Fledgling

Post by dego_red »

Oh, and BTW, sorry to hijack your thread. :129:

red
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Where Not

Post by kgcayenne »

MaxMom wrote:I was driving home yesterday on 97 and the sign is still up advertising the Corona on sale............

an interesting find: http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/internet/index.cfm?itemID=113&lg=e
The Competition Act contains criminal and civil provisions to address false or misleading representations and deceptive marketing practices in promoting the supply or use of a product or any business interest.

Under the criminal regime, the general provision prohibits all materially false or misleading representations made knowingly or recklessly. Other provisions specifically prohibit deceptive telemarketing, deceptive notices of winning a prize, double ticketing, and schemes of pyramid selling. The multi-level marketing provisions define the responsibilities of operators and participants in multi-level marketing plans.

Under the civil regime, the general provision prohibits all materially false or misleading representations. Other provisions specifically prohibit performance representations not based on adequate and proper tests, misleading warranties and guarantees, false or misleading ordinary selling price representations, untrue, misleading or unauthorized use of tests and testimonials, bait and switch selling, and the sale of a product above its advertised price. The promotional contest provisions set out the requirements for conducting a contest, lottery, or game of chance or skill.

Ohhhhh I feel like some corona tonight.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
acidrain
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by acidrain »

Thanks for the link! I checked it out and the part I find interesting is:

Price-related representations

Several provisions of the Competition Act deal with price representations:

- False or misleading ordinary selling price representations
- Bait and switch selling
- Sale above advertised price
- Double ticketing

Sounds like the Liquor Store and Momo's are breaking the Competition Act. You can't say you sell sushi and then say you can only get it if you order hot food. I'd call that bait and switch selling. The liquor store is more like the sale above advertised price part with not honoring their sale price.

I sure hope both businesses are held accountable for their actions. Not only are they acting unethically, it appears they are also acting ILLEGALLY.
logman
Übergod

Post by logman »

I hear today that a local rock radio station is on location at "the new and exciting Liquor Depot"
I wonder how different the service would have been for you with the media on hand
dego_red
Fledgling

Post by dego_red »

logman wrote:I hear today that a local rock radio station is on location at "the new and exciting Liquor Depot"
I wonder how different the service would have been for you with the media on hand

Yeah, really...

red
mekathy
Übergod

Post by mekathy »

I agree 100 percent with the negative comments about Momo in Westbank. We used to go all the time until we were told that it would be at least an hour wait for our rolls unless we ordered a hot dish. We chose to wait the hour (during which only about 3 people came in to pick up what looked like relatively small take out orders ) Another group of patrons came in and did indeed order hot meals and lo and behold they received their rolls just prior to us receiving ours. We were told to try the Momo's in Kelowna and the difference is night and day. I can hardly wait for another Sushi place to open on the westside as I feel that is the only way that Momo Westbank will improve.
acidrain
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by acidrain »

mekathy wrote:I agree 100 percent with the negative comments about Momo in Westbank. We used to go all the time until we were told that it would be at least an hour wait for our rolls unless we ordered a hot dish. We chose to wait the hour (during which only about 3 people came in to pick up what looked like relatively small take out orders ) Another group of patrons came in and did indeed order hot meals and lo and behold they received their rolls just prior to us receiving ours. We were told to try the Momo's in Kelowna and the difference is night and day. I can hardly wait for another Sushi place to open on the westside as I feel that is the only way that Momo Westbank will improve.

If another sushi place opened in Westbank, I'd definately go there. I have not been back to Momo's since my own ordeals. I know of a few people that have been turned off of Momo's too.

I get really wound up when I hear that they are still trying to pull their stunts with the hot food scam.

It's too bad that Momo's in Westbank is harming the Momo's name. I haven't heard of the same stories happening in the downtown location.

Makes you wonder how they can stay in business. If they had competition, I doubt they would.
Solipsis

Post by Solipsis »

Just a heads up that some of you sound like "restaurant complainers" and it's only going to get worse for you as this city expands.

Fact is that restaurants are going to get bigger, charge more AND NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT YOUR COMPLAINTS. Because as in this instance, the people buying hot meals (and probably buying liquor ---- (and probably TIPPING, hey, you'd be shocked at how many take-out orders dont tip) ) are spending more money than the random 10$/person orders.
Bottom line is if you enjoy Momo's at all, you need to appreciate that regardless as how it seems as a customer, they are there to make money, not to make friends. If not for those 'hot meal' people they would go out of business and would not even be there to tell you that they cannot make you more sushi rolls.
Fact of the matter is this; $$ > people
If you don't like it, buy some groceries and eat at home so you can stop complaining.

sorry if I sound like a dick, I'm just saying it like it is, sorry to hear about yer bad time at momo's, I won't eat there, I make my own sushi unless I wanna go out and relax in which case it's Nishi's or O-Zeki's.
"The world will not be saved by old minds and new programs, but by new minds with no programs."
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Sorry Solopsis, that doesn't work for me. Food is just a part of any restaurant experience, and the overall hospitality thing factors in greatly. If any restaurant doesn't see customer service as an important part of their business equation, then they will have to survive without my patronage. If Momo's Westbank has a product that is good enough that people will put up with shabby service to get it, then all the power to them, but in the long run, tactics such as have been described here will most surely spell their doom.

There are restaurants all over the place, and they are coming and going all the time. I have no problem at all putting a business on my 'ignore list' if I receive bad service or product. Sure, I am just a single voice among many, but I do have principles.
noworkteam

Post by noworkteam »

commonsense wrote:I would have refused to budge...once my a$$ is planted in that seat, you'll be serving me until I am good 'n' @#$%ing ready to leave and not until then...that seat/table is for paying patrons and as long as I am ordering food, I am a paying patron...so sad that others are hungry too...I'm betting they'll try to show up earlier next time.

One thing that makes me REALLY want to make a scene is bad service...and I tend to let everyone know what the scene is about...

MOMO...you just lost points.

You hit the nail on the head! :123:

westsidemom, you're out to lunch!
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet,
Axe,
And saw...
josee

Amazing what refusal of a sushi roll can do!

Post by josee »

I decided to check on the thread I had started and was amazed at the fact that over 1000 people now know about this place! There certainly is some truth to the statement "if you're not satisfied tell us, if you are tell your friends". In this case, the refusal of the sushi roll has unfortunately for Momo caused him I am sure some heartaches. The good news is that by sharing our good experiences we can keep the good restaurants with good service going... At the end of the day, it does not matter how good the food is, it the service is crap, I am not going back. By the way, I went to Nagano on Ellis the other day, and was happy to get an additional roll!
Josee
momofthree
Fledgling

poor experience at momo's

Post by momofthree »

I just wanted to add that we were also very disappointed with Momo in Westbank. We were looking for a good sushi resturant in town that was comparible to what we always go to in Coquitalm. And we had heard good things about Momo.

I ordered take out on the way home one day and was hoping to pick it up on the way back from Kelowna, but it took more than an hour for them to make our order, by the way we make our own sushi at home and with all the supplies and pre-made rice could have made the same amount in 15 mins. easily. Also we found that the sushi was not really that good, and it is over priced. To say the least after the wait we didn't tip, and haven't been back.

When we eat at a small, and very busy restaurant in Coqulitman, the prices are way better (5 of us can eat for about $50 including soup, tea and oranges for desert.) Our food is at our table within 15 mins and we can always add to our order if we want more. There is usually only about 4 or 5 staff at any time we have eaten there and the tables are full and they also do about 4 or 5 takeouts in the hour that we are sitting there. This is the service I have always expected at a sushi restaurant and have usually gotten, and when I get this kind of service I tip very well.

Just another customer who won't be back and we would have eaten there lots if they had been what I was hoping for.

Mel
westsidemom
Board Meister

Post by westsidemom »

May I humbly step in and ask to be forgiven, by anyone who was angered by my defense of Momo Sushi Westbank....

Those of you who did receive crappy service there, I now understand.

I WAS a loyal customer to them, but having recently been done wrong by them...and being treated very rudely...I must say it makes me steam. I had been disappointed by them in the past, and made excuses for them, but was never angered by people in the restaurant. I have now officially been angered, and disappointed...and ultimatley embarassed(for defending them)...

I will not go back, and I commend all of you who stand by your decisions to not back as well...

Hoping to be in all ya'lls good books again soon...

Sitting here, eating crow, not sushi
Ignorance is curable; stupidity is not...
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

westsidemom wrote:May I humbly step in and ask to be forgiven, by anyone who was angered by my defense of Momo Sushi Westbank....

Those of you who did receive crappy service there, I now understand.

I WAS a loyal customer to them, but having recently been done wrong by them...and being treated very rudely...I must say it makes me steam. I had been disappointed by them in the past, and made excuses for them, but was never angered by people in the restaurant. I have now officially been angered, and disappointed...and ultimatley embarassed(for defending them)...

I will not go back, and I commend all of you who stand by your decisions to not back as well...

Hoping to be in all ya'lls good books again soon...

Sitting here, eating crow, not sushi

We have all been in your position. People just disappoint you sometimes.
Nothing you can do about it. Move on, I'm sure the right Sushi will come along some day.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”