Where not to go for dinner -Momo Sushi (Westbank)

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
mekathy
Übergod

Post by mekathy »

just found out they have new owners. Went today and got take-out and going to see if the new owners can turn things around
westsidemom
Board Meister

Post by westsidemom »

Thanks for the update Mekathy, sure hope people start having better experiences from now on.
Ignorance is curable; stupidity is not...
Evan
Board Meister

Post by Evan »

I recommend tokyo sushi in downtown Kelowna. It's amazing!
To be inspired.
kgal

Post by kgal »

I know this is a super old thread, but I just read it and had to comment. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that a Japanese restaurant would not serve sushi rolls. I mean- that is why most people go there in the first place. Yah, the stir-frys are good, but you can get a stir-fry at any Western restaurant. The rolls are what make the Japanese place so unique. It is part of their “brand”, in marketing terms.

Service is bound to not be as good as the city expands (lack of staff, overworked staff, crowded places, etc) but there are certain things that restaurants must live up to—and that means serving the food they have on their menus!!!! Mistakes happen, but if a restaurant finds it consistently can not keep up with the amount of people in the place, they should not allow as many tables to be filled. It is just not fair to the customer.
anniecat
Übergod

Post by anniecat »

It's one thing to be refused your last roll but it's all in how they deal with it, ie. rudely or politely. I know of two separate people who had a "gentle" complaint about the quality of their food and they were rudely told to pay their bill and leave the restaurant. I used to love Momo's in Westbank but we don't go there as often. We've had times when we've called for a take out order, they've taken our order and in the last minute of confirmation be rudely told..."Too Busy" and they hang up on us. Okay, if you're busy that's fine but at least say it nicely and give me the courtesy of a "Bye" before hanging up.

What they need is some competition. I would love another sushi restaurant on the Westside and at least it would ease up some of their busy times. And if they continued to be rude to their customers, well they'll lose out on a whole lot of business. Unfortunately right now, they have a monopoly and I think they feel they can do what they want to their customers.
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- Dr. Seus -
westsidemom
Board Meister

Post by westsidemom »

mekathy wrote:just found out they have new owners. Went today and got take-out and going to see if the new owners can turn things around

As Mekathy mentioned in May (quoted above) they are indeed under new management, and that can mean a world of difference. I have ordered from them 2 times since then and both times with great service however, it was for takeout. Has anyone dined in since new management took over?

Also there are 2 guys making rolls and were very happy and YELL "hello" to you when you come in, and YELL "thank-you" when you leave... I thought it was a much nicer atmoshphere.
Ignorance is curable; stupidity is not...
mekathy
Übergod

Post by mekathy »

We order take out every payday and they are extremely friendly now and the sushi is quite good. I've had better but it is good. My husband and I have eaten in a couple of times and while the service is a little slow, they are very friendly and let you order whatever you want. We have ordered our sushi, eaten it and found that we are still hungry and have ordered more and they have been more than happy to oblige. Nothing like the old owners.
anniecat
Übergod

Post by anniecat »

Well, since finding out from this thread that there are new owners we ordered again last night......my husband said they were super friendly when ordering and when he went to pick up. I thought the food was better too...their Udon has gone up a bit in price but the quality of the meal was way better so definately worth it.

Will be giving them a try for dine-in soon but so far, sounds like new ownership as been a very good move for MoMo!
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- Dr. Seus -

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”