Smoked Foods

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
BriTer
Guru

Re: The Backyard Smoker

Post by BriTer »

Thanks GF :)
Anyone that hasn't tried it, Xtra foods and probably SuperStore has a sweet chile sauce that is really good as a dipping sauce. The neighbors have also used it as an ingredient for basting smoked pork sausages. The brand is Cock and the labels reads 'Sweet chile sauce for chicken' but can be used on anything. 650ml bottle usually under $3.
"Let there be smoke." And there was smoke. And it was gooooooood.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

LOL...the few times I have seen this topic I immediately think of my after midnight, backyark pot-smoking neighbours; I usually wake up to my bedroom being filled with their smoke.
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Good 'ol auto correct. The *bleep* in the above post replaces the brand name. French translation is Coq. and if that doesn't pass either..... another name for the rooster. :dyinglaughing:
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

coffeeFreak wrote:LOL...the few times I have seen this topic I immediately think of my after midnight, backyark pot-smoking neighbours; I usually wake up to my bedroom being filled with their smoke.

Get yourself a smoker and come midnight, fire it up :) Or throw some mesquite on the BBQ lol
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

I'm looking for a kitchen gas stove with the drawer type broiler for an experiment. It doesn't have to be working as long as it is clean or cleanable inside and out and all you want is to have it hauled off, please let me know!
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

The cake looks wonderful BT!!!!
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Thank you prairieflower. There is a lot that can be done on the bbq grill (including smoking foods) that you wouldn't typically do.
Especially handy in the summer when you don't want to heat up the house. If you've never tried it, you have to give grilled pizza a shot. Deeeeeeeeeelicious :)
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

I'm sure a lot of people reading this thread have a smoker. What do you use? Commercial brand? UDS? This is NOT all about me!
Got a favorite meat, veggie or cut you prefer? Maybe :trippyquoter: or even :spamcan: ?
Don't laugh, there are a number of recipes on the 'net for smoked :spamcan: lol
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

:spamcan: :runforlife: :runforlife: Will never ever ever ever ever eat it again as long as I live.

One of those foods we "had" to eat as a child, as it was cheap....now I know why :skyisfalling:
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

prairieflower wrote::spamcan: :runforlife: :runforlife: Will never ever ever ever ever eat it again as long as I live.

One of those foods we "had" to eat as a child, as it was cheap....now I know why :skyisfalling:

Same here. I prefer Holiday brand 'luncheon meat.' Fewer chicken lips and eyelids ;)
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

Got a chicken from Okanagan Poultry Processing (Castanet member Nom de Plume). So much better than store bought! I've split it and set it in a marinade of BBQ sauce diluted with cider vinegar. This makes a quick, easy and effective marinade. Later on today I'll be experimenting with using the propane BBQ grill for smoking. It will be hickory smoked.

First time for me using the grill as a smoker and I'll be using 'Earth's Finest' brand hickory smoking chips. Might throw a dessert in there (minus the smoke) while its hot, probably a dump cake :) ferri has been clamoring for BBQ'd veggie burgers and anyone here that has heard ferri clamor, wellll.....! I'll smoke those too!
Pics later :)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

BriTer wrote: ferri has been clamoring for BBQ'd veggie burgers and anyone here that has heard ferri clamor, wellll.....! I'll smoke those too!
Pics later :)

If ferri is clamoring you need to smoke sumpthin! :200:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Bsuds wrote:If ferri is clamoring you need to smoke sumpthin! :200:

:chased: boy are you asking for it buddy. lol my veggie burgers turned out lovely. not another whimper from me. yet.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

It looks like your having fun with the BBQ, I use mine lots but I have not been that creative. I first thought this thread would be about Westside Bud. :dyinglaughing:
Black Dogs Matter
BriTer
Guru

Post by BriTer »

I tried to stay away from a thread name that would keep people from saying "*bleep*?" but gave up lol

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”