The Best Steak and Lobster

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Re: The Best Steak and Lobster

Post by KL3-Something »

Captain Awesome wrote:Rick's is good, but crowded. Not the best atmosphere.

And the chairs suck.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Here in Nova Scotia ( just sayin). :lol:

Where I live, our steak and seafood restaurant features a steak and full lobster dinner complete with veg, rice, fry's, or potato, and bread for between $15.95/$16.95 during our lobster season, May-June.

~D
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:Here in Nova Scotia ( just sayin). :lol:

Where I live, our steak and seafood restaurant features a steak and full lobster dinner complete with veg, rice, fry's, or potato, and bread for between $15.95/$16.95 during our lobster season, May-June.

~D

A cargo aircraft operator could make a pretty penny flying them in live from East Coast I bet.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

gman313 wrote:
CoffeeCanuck wrote:Here in Nova Scotia ( just sayin). :lol:

~D

A cargo aircraft operator could make a pretty penny flying them in live from East Coast I bet.

Did that once - flew in a load of lobster from Nova Scotia via air cargo. It was delicious.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Did that once - flew in a load of lobster from Nova Scotia via air cargo. It was delicious.

I have a friend out west who is from Cape Breton who fly's in a large box of lobster every year. One word...chaching! Yep, delish.

~D
djbout
Fledgling

Post by djbout »

If your willing to do a roadtrip to Vernon then I suggest the Phoenix Steakhouse http://thephoenixsteakhouse.com/. My partner and I discovered it this past fall, went for a day of shopping and walking in the Vernon downtown area and it was one of the last places we came upon, couldn't resist going inside as it is in an old heritage building that I believe used to be a bank. Great atmosphere and the steaks and seafood we ordered were awesome.
Slimzimm56

Post by Slimzimm56 »

I also like Phoenix in Vernon..... but the Keg has been my fave since 1976 & will always be my fave .
GreyGoose
Fledgling

Post by GreyGoose »

I found Tonics to have a great Stk & Lobster Dinner on Saturday nights only. It's only $20 but I remember you get a nice AAA 7oz NY, 5oz Caribbean Lobster, Rice, Vegetables, Garlic Toast. An amazing deal and it really was very good. :discodance:
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Keg is totally predictable and excellent value for the dollar. Last time we were in, a large group of 12 went in just before us and we were seated in the section they were in. Our waitress realized that they would be ahead of us and as we sat down inquired if we were going to have the prime rib because if we were she would go get some put aside for us as she suspected the large group would clean them out. We said we were she ran to the kitchen and had some put aside for us. Top marks to her for that and the rest of the night was excellent. Ricks is overprice and over pretentious.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GreyGoose wrote:I found Tonics to have a great Stk & Lobster Dinner on Saturday nights only. It's only $20 but I remember you get a nice AAA 7oz NY, 5oz Caribbean Lobster, Rice, Vegetables, Garlic Toast. An amazing deal and it really was very good. :discodance:

Thanks for the tip!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
PatrickFoster
Fledgling

Post by PatrickFoster »

You want to find the best steak and lobster......i must say the best place would be my mothers kitchen....hands down top food right there
sjkean
Fledgling

Post by sjkean »

PatrickFoster wrote:You want to find the best steak and lobster......i must say the best place would be my mothers kitchen....hands down top food right there

And what is the address again?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

sanfish wrote:
sassybee wrote:Can't say the Keg is very good. has anyone tried Chops? Or Ricks Grill?

Chops blows!!!! Sals is pretty damn yummy but a little more over priced than the already pricey amounts for steak and lobster at a restaurant. Ricks is delicious

Might want to get out a bit more, I believe Sals closed awhile ago.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Ric's is overpriced IMHO. Our meal was good, but nowhere worth what we paid for it. I've had a better steak with peppercorn sauce from Yama's for half the price.

Sure, I'm paying for the "atmosphere", but paying for the atmosphere makes as much sense as paying extra to go see a movie just because they have "gourmet popcorn".

I go to a restaurant to eat, not for the ambiance.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I agree with PW, give me a clean restaurant, good service and good food and I'm a happy camper.
Ambiance is a waste.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”