Local boy on Canada's Worst Driver

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Local boy on Canada's Worst Driver

Post by grammafreddy »

Bsuds wrote:
Verminator wrote:Wait a minute....Mommy Dear bought him a PORSCHE??? :runforlife:

Trade it in and get him a Vespa, that'll slow him down!

Too funny, Sudsy. :coffeecanuck:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

my5cents wrote:Doesn't surprize me at all that ICBC hasn't pulled his license, since it has nothing to do with ICBC.

Oh ya that's right, ICBC just tests for, issues, administers and collects fees for drivers license but has nothing to do with suspending licenses. sarcasm off

Must be the ONLY portion of the process they don't have total control over.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Verminator wrote:Wait a minute....Mommy Dear bought him a PORSCHE??? :runforlife:

more money than brains? Sounds like Kelowna. Yea, there's a real lack of parenting there.

On another note... You remember a couple years back the one young drier from Edmonton? Guy just drove like crap, no tickets. Word I got from some guys I knew out there who knew the kid, was that he faked the whole thing just to get on the show. Wonder if there's been others?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

my5cents wrote:Doesn't surprize me at all that ICBC hasn't pulled his license, since it has nothing to do with ICBC.

cv23 wrote:Oh ya that's right, ICBC just tests for, issues, administers and collects fees for drivers license but has nothing to do with suspending licenses. sarcasm off

It would be the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles that would pull his licence.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Meeko666
Fledgling

Post by Meeko666 »

[/quote]more money than brains? Sounds like Kelowna. Yea, there's a real lack of parenting there.

On another note... You remember a couple years back the one young drier from Edmonton? Guy just drove like crap, no tickets. Word I got from some guys I knew out there who knew the kid, was that he faked the whole thing just to get on the show. Wonder if there's been others?[/quote]

I think it's just for the attention/glory, he's even been featured on the front page of a newspaper, can't remember which one, I just threw it in the recycle bin! Pathetic what some people do for a spot in the lime light!
miss_riches

Post by miss_riches »

You people are complaining about his mother not being a fit parent? The kid is 18, What's she going to do? Cut up his licence? Oh wow its 17$ for a replacement at ICBC.. I agree she shouldn't buy him a new vehicle after he totals one, but comon... He's 18 and there is no way in hell his "mommy" is going to control weither he is allowed to drive or not.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

For one, absolutely nobody here, especially based on a TV show, knows whether the parent is fit or not to parent the kid. It's insane, albeit expected, coming from this board.

My only comment is, instead of buying the kid new vehicles after he totals one, that money might be better spend sending him to Young Drivers.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

I think we need to watch the show and see the initial attitude given and changes in driving/behaviour (if any) before burning him at the stake.

Of course the TV show is intended to entertain as well and will probably make some choice cuts to 'enhance' the character of the person.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Ali Gator
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ali Gator »

The video clip didn't look like either the son or the mother were very serious.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

cv23 wrote:Oh ya that's right, ICBC just tests for, issues, administers and collects fees for drivers license but has nothing to do with suspending licenses. sarcasm off

That's correct it is the only part of the process they don't control. The OSMV (Office of the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles) is completely autonomous from ICBC.

If you want to get upset consider this....

Traffic rules are in place because it is theorized that disobeying these rules can lead to traffic accidents.
The police issue tickets to people who disobey traffic rules.
When someone amasses too many tickets they lose their right to drive.
The number of accident a driver has, has no effect on driving suspensions

So in actual fact, doing something that could cause an accident can get your license taken away, but actually having accidents doesn't.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

miss_riches wrote:You people are complaining about his mother not being a fit parent? The kid is 18, What's she going to do? Cut up his licence? Oh wow its 17$ for a replacement at ICBC.. I agree she shouldn't buy him a new vehicle after he totals one, but comon... He's 18 and there is no way in hell his "mommy" is going to control weither he is allowed to drive or not.

Yeah ...There is..She could STOP buying him cars and paying for his tickets , insurance and gas...

He is 18 after all. Time she stopped funding his recklessness.Being forced into accepting the finacial responsibility for his callous disregard for others on the road just might smarten him up.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

miss_riches wrote:You people are complaining about his mother not being a fit parent? The kid is 18, What's she going to do? Cut up his licence? Oh wow its 17$ for a replacement at ICBC.. I agree she shouldn't buy him a new vehicle after he totals one, but comon... He's 18 and there is no way in hell his "mommy" is going to control weither he is allowed to drive or not.

He's admitted to driving like crap for the past two years... so, since he was 16. If I caught my 16 year old driving and texting - they'd get more than just losing their car keys.

At 18, he's still a minor in this province. What's she gonna do? How about be a fricken parent and stop being an enabler.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

I wonder how he and his mom who keeps buying weapons for him would feel if they got smacked in the head every morning right as they woke up. How would they like to get smacked in the head over and over all day long and poked in the eyes. And what about when they cant sleep cause they keep getting smacked in the head. What if they went through that every single day for a few years. Thats pretty much what I went through when I was a kid because of one slow driver and one inattentive driver and it was terrible, I wanted to kill myself.

They probably wouldnt smack someone none the less a child in the head that many times. They probably wouldnt beat someone to death. But he's ok risking crashes and shes ok buying him weapons knowing he's gonna hurt someone with them. I guess they cant see the similarity between crashing into someone and beating someone. I hope someone smashes him just for the chance that it smartens them up and saves some lives.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Are Kelowna's roads safer...

Post by French Castanut »

... now that it's worse driver is in Rehab on Discovery Channel's Canada's Worst Driver? :dyinglaughing:
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
the_zipper
Board Meister

Re: Are Kelowna's roads safer...

Post by the_zipper »

Just watching the show now. What a weiner that kid is! He yells at his mom like a spoiled brat. They couldn't assess his driving skills b/c he didn't even try he just scraped up the mustang on purpose!

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”