Tassimo or Kuerig?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Tassimo or Kuerig?

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Bialetti
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

We have a Kuerig at work. Mostly we use the reusable cups, but what I don't like it about is that if you don't dump out the water and start fresh every morning, the coffee tastes like some sort of nasty chemically plastic.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

oneh2obabe wrote:^^^Bialetti

It makes kick *bleep* coffee, but kinda pain in the *bleep* to clean.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

oneh2obabe wrote:^^^Bialetti

Medi Market sells them for way cheaper than if you buy them at a department store. Pro tip.

It makes kick *bleep* coffee, but kinda pain in the *bleep* to clean.

You're not suppose to clean it! The coffee build up gives a good flavour like a cast iron pan. I only wipe mine out about once a month. Obviously rinse the filter out or scrub out the boiler pot when it gets mineral deposit build up.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

OREZ wrote:I'll second that^^^ I've got one of those. love it.

Phoenix Within wrote:And what brand is it exactly?

I got mine at Med. Market. It looks exactly like a stainless steel Bialetti but I think may have been a different brand. The logo is hard to read now. They have aluminum ones too but Id definitely get the stainless steel one (for obvious reasons) Also, there are a few different sizes available but they all seem to be the same design, just scaled up or down. I've got a two cup one. Looks exactly like this one.
Attachments
bialetti-elegance-musa-steel-mdn.jpg
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Boy do I want a cappuccino somethin' fierce, right now.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

kgcayenne wrote:Boy do I want a cappuccino somethin' fierce, right now.

Good news, there are plenty of coffee places around town just pick 1. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Glacier wrote:We have a Kuerig at work. Mostly we use the reusable cups, but what I don't like it about is that if you don't dump out the water and start fresh every morning, the coffee tastes like some sort of nasty chemically plastic.

I only use distilled water in mine, never have a problem. Rutland has such hard water, I've learned the hard way to make sure to use distilled water in devices to make them last longer. The steam function on my dryer, my iron, my clothing steamer . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We have a filter on the cold water line in the kitchen and have no problems with that here.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:I only use distilled water in mine, never have a problem. Rutland has such hard water, I've learned the hard way to make sure to use distilled water in devices to make them last longer. The steam function on my dryer, my iron, my clothing steamer . . .

What I mean is that the plastic smell leaches into the water overnight. This has nothing to do with the water. Others in the office don't seem to notice it, but I have a very sensitive nose and palate with such things.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote: I have a very sensitive nose and palate with such things.

My wife is picky that way too but it doesn't seem to bother her.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Bsuds wrote:My wife is picky

Not too picky to marry you, apparently.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

One of her weaker moments but no one else will bring her morning coffee in bed.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

samsquench07 wrote:And for the record. I did really like the kuerig at first... then I thought, this mass wastage of pods is obscene. Just didn't want to contribute that way

I did by the "as seen on tv" pods, where I could fill them my self, and use over and over. That made more sense.

I have the refillable ones for my Kuerig as well, the dolce and the Keurig I use when I want one cup and am in a hurry. The press I use when I want to make coffee once and have a few good cups.
Now having said that I made my own refillable pod for my dolce as well. I did it, then I discovered a YouTube video on how to do it and I was bang on with the guy who demonstrated doing it. Then I found refillable pods for the dolce on EBay and bought 6, quite pricey but oh well. The flavoured ones I buy are mostly for a treat when I want a totally different flavour. Still love my many coffee machines, I am a coffee hound, can't help myself and I figure it this way,,, pod or go out for a coffee in a paper cup at Timmies? Dunno what's worse but I save a lot of money, especially if I chose to go to Starbucks,,, 4 something for a cup??? Ya I used to do that too.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

I was visiting my g/friend and she had a Kuerig. Her's is a big one that has a water compartment. I thought that was kinda gross to have water sitting in a reservoir waiting to be used. I use fresh water for each pot I make. Another reason I am glad I don't have a tassimo or kuerig.

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”