Tassimo or Kuerig?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Tassimo or Kuerig?

Post by Roadster »

The tank only last a few cups tho, bets are she has to fill it up probably daily, if she and others in the house drink a pot worth a day, or even more often if she hands out coffee to visitors often.
My Keurig is a single cup dispenser, has to be filled for every cup and my dolce last the morning here and is empty, only gives two and a half good size mugs with one fill.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

I think she would have been better off with a single serving kuerig then... it is only her that uses it. I want to try a bodum.

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

French press? Try for a stainless steel one, double walled, I found the glass ones don't keep a second cup hot. Less chance of it breaking too cause it isn't glass. My stainless one is awesome but it's not a bodum one I don't think. I have used French presses of many brands many years now and love them. I also use mine for loose tea. My pot makes a liter, my last one before this wasn't as big.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

Recently some may have seen my whining about how the mere common cold knocked me flat on my *bleep*. Anyway, many hours of tv watching later, I noticed Folgers and Maxwell house are now joining the k-cup fad. I really am disappointed in the fact I would think companies would want to encourage people to do the refillable ones. I understand the whole marketing factor, but it just goes to show when it comes to money or environment... corporations really don't give a damn about the world, just their wallets.

I grind beans each pot and don't buy Folgers or Maxwell House, but this is just another reason why not to. I would actually buy coffee brands that boast them not putting their grounds in a k-cup.
Really?! How lazy are we getting?

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

Kinda off the Tassimo and Kuerig topic, but still about specialty coffees.
I bought a french press/Bodum. Love how the coffee tastes, but it is a bit of a pain to clean up the grounds at the bottom. I won't put them down the drain, so I clean it out with paper towel. I might cut some coffee filters to put on the bottom.
Other than that, loving the morning java.

~V~
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I love the french press. A few grounds down the drain isn't a bad thing. I scoop out the majority with my hand, placing them in the compost. Then I unscrew the plunger, and wash what remains down the drain.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

And did you know a few grounds down the drain can help keep it clean? As they rush through they can remove some of the crud build up. They won't settle like sand would if you run the water when letting them go down because they are not heavy like sand which is made of ground stone, once the grounds are brewed they are even easier to move with running water and definitely lighter then sand would be. My grandmother swore by sending them all down to keep the pipes clean. Meanwhile I tap them into the garbage can or compost and rinse the rest down the sink and always have since I saw my grandmother do it.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”