Oldies T.V. channels in Kelowna?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
softbrez

Oldies T.V. channels in Kelowna?

Post by softbrez »

I am new to Kelowna and haven't decided yet to go with Shaw or Telus. I was wondering, apart from the 'deja view' channel (which I find has a limited selection) is there a t.v. channel that offers tv shows from the 1960s, 1970s? Thank!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Oldies t.v. channels in Kelowna?

Post by GordonH »

You may want to checkout Telus TV I'm sure of channel # it is KVOS.

Added: they my have changed their name http://metvnetwork.com/

http://zap2it.com/tvlistings/kelowna?zi ... -0009974-X

Channel 141 on Telus TV
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
softbrez

Re: Oldies t.v. channels in Kelowna?

Post by softbrez »

Great, thank you!
softbrez

Re: Oldies T.V. channels in Kelowna?

Post by softbrez »

Just discovered telus optik tv is not available at my location...too bad.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

softbrez wrote:Just discovered telus optik tv is not available at my location...too bad.

To bad, compared to Shaw's Dejaview the channel I posted earlier has much bigger selection. I requested it couple of times threw Shaw gave up since they never got back to me.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

softbrez wrote:Just discovered telus optik tv is not available at my location...too bad.

GordonH wrote:To bad, compared to Shaw's Dejaview the channel I posted earlier has much bigger selection. I requested it couple of times threw Shaw gave up since they never got back to me.

So for the hell of it I made channel request to Shaw Kelowna and I got response.

Anyone & everyone who would like KVOS added to Shaw Kelowna channel line-up send in that request if they get enough of them they will add it.

Shaw customers or not
charlie35

Post by charlie35 »

Good Morning
I have also sent requests to Shaw about the KVOS channel (5 requests to be exact) and I received a different answer every time, from we can not supply it, not enough people requesting it, to the latest (made yesterday) the KVOS transmitter does not have enough power to transmit into Kelowna. Yet apparently Telus Optik provides it in their basic cable package Channel # 141 for Kelowna and Vernon. Go figure!
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Check out one of the streaming services to see what content they have, often you can get a free trial. Netflix is the obvious one but Crave and Shomi are new and trying to gain customer base. Most newer smart TV's have built in apps for these so its just like changing the channel.

Let us know how it works out !
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

We also cant get the Telus Optic, but are quite happy with Telus as our server.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”