Ric's Grill airport

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
snoozin
Fledgling

Ric's Grill airport

Post by snoozin »

Does anyone know if the Ric's grill at the airport is still open? I have a gift certificate and would hate to see it go to waste.
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Ric's Grill airport

Post by pbear »

Yes. See the story on Castanets front page. Different owners.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
SuperMom
Board Meister

Post by SuperMom »

We also have gift certificates for Ric's Grill, but we were told that the airport location will not accept them.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Isn't that convenient!
Sure do love Rutland!!
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Does it state only good a one location? I would think that a Rics, gift card is a chain sort of thing.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

this rics grill story gets better all the time
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

We're not allowed to talk about Richards anymore.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Hmmm wrote:Does it state only good a one location? I would think that a Rics, gift card is a chain sort of thing.

We would again like to remind readers that Ric's Lounge & Grill across from the Kelowna airport is independently owned and operated separately from the the Ric's group and the Guptas. Operations Manager Robert Boeckner says they have been inundated with phone calls asking for clarification.
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#119411
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
SuperMom
Board Meister

Post by SuperMom »

[quote="oneh2obabeWe would again like to remind readers that Ric's Lounge & Grill across from the Kelowna airport is independently owned and operated separately from the the Ric's group and the Guptas. Operations Manager Robert Boeckner says they have been inundated with phone calls asking for clarification.
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#119411[/quote]

The gift certificate does list various locations, although it does not list the airport site. However, the website listed on the gift certificate does have the airport location listed. That would seem to indicate that there is at least some affiliation between the Ric's group and the airport location, no?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you,would like to think so,dig a little deeper castanet
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

the truth wrote:you,would like to think so,dig a little deeper castanet

One would think it would be usable, and then the Airport owner would redeem the costs to corporate office.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I've gotten lots of coupons for fast food places that are only redeemable at certain locations, even though they're the same franchise.

Having said that, one would think that it would be good for business for the airport location to honor the certificates to maybe get some extra potential business through the doors, but the location isn't really the kind of location you'd go to for a night out.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
snoozin
Fledgling

Post by snoozin »

I might not usually go to that location at the airport but if they honored my certificate I would. I just hate to see a certificate go to waste.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I have a $50 certificate that I'll sell for $25. lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Pookybear
Übergod

Post by Pookybear »

SuperMom wrote:[quote="oneh2obabeWe would again like to remind readers that Ric's Lounge & Grill across from the Kelowna airport is independently owned and operated separately from the the Ric's group and the Guptas. Operations Manager Robert Boeckner says they have been inundated with phone calls asking for clarification.
http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#119411

The gift certificate does list various locations, although it does not list the airport site. However, the website listed on the gift certificate does have the airport location listed. That would seem to indicate that there is at least some affiliation between the Ric's group and the airport location, no?[/quote]

Their website sure makes it look like they are all owned by the Rics corporation and has nothing about franchise opportunities. I would imagine that they do what a lot of construction companies do and have each of the restaurants under a different numbered company so if something happens it won't affect their other stores.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”