Hollywood legend Lauren Bacall dead at 89

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Hollywood legend Lauren Bacall dead at 89

Post by oneh2obabe »

Lauren Bacall, a bewitching actress whose husky voice and smouldering onscreen chemistry with her husband Humphrey Bogart made her a defining movie star of the 1940s and who decades later won Tony Awards in the Broadway musicals Applause and Woman of the Year, has died at 89.

Robbert de Klerk, co-managing partner of the Humphrey Bogart Estate, confirmed the death in an email.

Bacall was one of the last surviving major stars of the studio system, which flourished from the silent movie era until the dawn of the television age. She was a willowy, ash-blond fashion model when veteran film director Howard Hawks plucked her from the pages of Harper’s Bazaar in 1943 and moulded her seductive screen persona.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/20 ... at_89.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Hollywood legend Lauren Bacall dead at 89

Post by GordonH »

I watched many of her movies from her role as Nora Temple in Key Largo to John Wayne's last movie The Shootist as she was boarding house owner Bond Rogers, Lauren also did voice in Family Guy as Evelyn in 2014.

She will be missed, Lauren may you rest in peace.

My condolences to Family & friends
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”