Krafty Cuts Celebrity Chef

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Krafty Cuts Celebrity Chef

Post by Swoop »

...the differences between enjoying all the nuances of a fine dining experience and simply stuffing your pie-hole at an all you can eat buffet is apparently lost on some...
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Symbonite wrote:Treating yourself while getting raked over the coals is not fun.

Like I said whats shocking when you plate costs 35 bucks for whatever and your compliment to the chef is going to McDonalds because there was not enough food...well there you go..

if your paying 35 bucks for most plates you better be getting something that you cant finish...

I don't agree. I wouldn't want a heaping plate of food, anyway - you're not supposed to walk away from a dinner or a lunch "full", you're supposed to gain your nutrition and eat again in a couple hours. That's what I do.

I'm a terrible cook, but I can absolutely appreciate a good meal out. I don't mind paying for it, too, because these fine dining places you refer to not only have professionals cooking your food, but also the ingredients used are of a much higher quality (menus are often seasonal, depending on what is immediately available), the menu and wine pairing is personalized for the venue, etc.

I'm not at all surprised that many people on this forum are against fine dining, though. Anything that is intended to be fun or relaxing or whatnot that costs money is always the first to be criticized.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Swoop wrote:...the differences between enjoying all the nuances of a fine dining experience and simply stuffing your pie-hole at an all you can eat buffet is apparently lost on some...

Well said.
mpom

Post by mpom »

Back to the original story, who cares!!
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I think the guy was smart to cut his losses. That gal seems like a real piece of work.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

While I don't appreciate a lot of the things these high priced or unique places have to offer a lot of people do. I don't think it's comparable to throwing your $12 steak on the BBQ or whatever. It's more like entertainment , an outing or special occasion-and who hasn't thrown away good money for an enjoyable time. Sounds like they chose a path better for them, wish them luck.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

And sure, I could sit home with my hair a mess, in my sweatpants and whatever old t-shirt I have in the drawer and make a good old meatloaf and mashed potato dinner for under $10.

Or once in a while I can get prettied up, put on a dress, take myself out of my ordinary everyday routine and give myself then experience of a unique, well-cooked meal that I wouldn't likely have the capabilities of preparing myself.

I've been to some awful high-priced places. Conversely I've been to some "cheap" places with amazing dishes in big portions.

It's like a hotel. They all have a bed, a toilet, and a shower. But sometimes you get tired of the Super 8 and want to enjoy a little more luxury at the Manteo.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Always Sunny wrote:And sure, I could sit home with my hair a mess, in my sweatpants and whatever old t-shirt I have in the drawer and make a good old meatloaf and mashed potato dinner for under $10.

Or once in a while I can get prettied up, put on a dress, take myself out of my ordinary everyday routine and give myself then experience of a unique, well-cooked meal that I wouldn't likely have the capabilities of preparing myself.

I've been to some awful high-priced places. Conversely I've been to some "cheap" places with amazing dishes in big portions.

It's like a hotel. They all have a bed, a toilet, and a shower. But sometimes you get tired of the Super 8 and want to enjoy a little more luxury at the Manteo.

and order a grilled ham and cheese and a bowl of soup.

http://www.smackdabmanteo.com/the-menu/
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Anonymous123 wrote:and order a grilled ham and cheese and a bowl of soup.

http://www.smackdabmanteo.com/the-menu/

I've dined at Smack Dab many times. Food has always been fantastic. Would never hesitate to spend the $$$ there.
rkillick

Post by rkillick »

Smack Dab has amazing food. It is well worth the price, the staff is very friendly and attentive, and the view is great! Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean others don't. I consider every penny spent at a fast food place a total waste, but to each their own.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

I have eaten at Smack Dab several times and always loved it. Best patio, lakeside dining in Kelowna. It is expensive but you pay for the whole experience, not just the food. (Try the salmon, its great!)

I will try this place (Krafty Cuts) when they open as it seems like a cool concept and unlike some people here, I hope they succeed.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Hmmm wrote:I have eaten at Smack Dab several times and always loved it. Best patio, lakeside dining in Kelowna. It is expensive but you pay for the whole experience, not just the food. (Try the salmon, its great!)

I will try this place (Krafty Cuts) when they open as it seems like a cool concept and unlike some people here, I hope they succeed.

Krafty is the name of the restaurant.....cuts was what they did to one of the co-founders....cut her out of the business.
You and 71 others Like this post
luvdogs

Krafty Kitchen

Post by luvdogs »

Have read the 2 Castanet articles regarding the Krafty Kitchen and what is going down. Never cared for the Chris guy on Top Chef and now I know why. Very unprofessional of him for throwing Ms. Klassen under the bus. Taking pictures of the Small Claims Notice after filing it was very TMZ like. Who does that? All this should be played out between themselves and not in the media. Not the proper way to handle this . I will not be eating at the Krafty Kitchen. Was excited for its opening but all this smack talk has turned me away. Plenty of other places to eat. This eatery will be closed in no time. So unprofessional.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

First post on Castanet. "Restaurant will be closed in no time". Wonder who this is.

It says at right on the court documents picture "Photo Contributed by Castanet Staff".
FreeRights
Guru

Re: Krafty Kitchen

Post by FreeRights »

luvdogs wrote:Have read the 2 Castanet articles regarding the Krafty Kitchen and what is going down. Never cared for the Chris guy on Top Chef and now I know why. Very unprofessional of him for throwing Ms. Klassen under the bus. Taking pictures of the Small Claims Notice after filing it was very TMZ like. Who does that? All this should be played out between themselves and not in the media. Not the proper way to handle this . I will not be eating at the Krafty Kitchen. Was excited for its opening but all this smack talk has turned me away. Plenty of other places to eat. This eatery will be closed in no time. So unprofessional.

Sounds like you're jumping to a lot of conclusions.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”