Rolling Stones’ sax player Bobby Keys dead at 70

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Rolling Stones’ sax player Bobby Keys dead at 70

Post by oneh2obabe »

Saxophonist Bobby Keys, a lifelong rock ’n’ roller who toured with Buddy Holly, played on recordings by John Lennon and laid down one of the all-time blowout solos on the Rolling Stones’ “Brown Sugar,” has died. He was 70.

Michael Webb, who played keyboard with Keys, said Keys died Tuesday at his home in Franklin, Tenn., after a lengthy illness. Keys had been on tour with the Stones earlier this year before his health prevented him from performing.

“The Rolling Stones are devastated by the loss of their very dear friend and legendary saxophone player, Bobby Keys,” the band said in a statement. “Bobby made a unique musical contribution to the band since the 1960s. He will be greatly missed.”

Keys, one of the few rock saxophonists to become a name in his own right, was a heavy-set man with jowls to match and had a raw, piercing sound. The native of Lubbock, Texas, was born the same day as Keith Richards — Dec. 18, 1943 — and the Stones guitarist would often cite Keys as a soul mate and favourite musician.

On “Brown Sugar,” he needed little time to seal his history with the band, which had decided a saxophone would work better than a guitar for the solo spotlight.

“It was the first take,” he would recall.

Full article
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/mu ... at_70.html

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Rolling Stones’ sax player Bobby Keys dead at 70

Post by GordonH »

Talented Sax player, thank-you letting hear that talent Bobby. My condolences to his Family & Friends.

Rest in Peace Mr. Bobby Keys
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”