How do you cook a pizza?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Which do you use?

Pizza Stone
53%
Pan with holes
32%
Pan with no holes
16%
Nutt'n Honey
No votes

Total votes: 19

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

How do you cook a pizza?

Post by Bsuds »

Another thread made me think of this.

What do people use at home for cooking a pizza?
Pizza pan with holes or a Pizza stone or nothing?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: How do you cook a Pizza?

Post by oneh2obabe »

Pizza stone or bbq.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Wouldn't they burn on the BBQ?
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Pizza pan and a VERY hot oven.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Bubalouie
Guru

Re: How do you cook a pizza?

Post by Bubalouie »

In the oven a pan with holes, on the bbq , a pizza stone
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I use a special thing I bought that you can enter numbers
like 2508722222
Pizza turns out perfect every time!
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

I've got a pizza stone but I never really got the hang of using it. I usually use the pan with holes because we make thin crust pizza without gobs of toppings and you need to preheat the stone - now you've got this flimsy, uncooked pizza which you have to somehow get onto the hot stone. How do you do that? With a Pizza Peel?

With the pan you can top it on the pan and put it in a screaming hot oven and it's done in no time.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I tried that.

Once.

It was a sort-of pizza pretzel/loaf by the time I got it transferred mangled from one surface to the other.

Next time, I throw the dough on the screaming hot stone and then the three of us in the houshold will add toppings as damn fast as we can.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

^^^^

LOL!
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

We usually make two pizzas at once. One on the stone, and one on the holy pan because that's what we have. It seems to work because one can still be cooking while we are eating the other.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
beancounter
Board Meister

Post by beancounter »

We've been experimenting with this. So far, after many tasty but not so visually appealing attempts, we have found the best results came from preheating the stone (we use barbeque or hot oven), putting the dough on the stone and cooking for a couple of minutes. Then we flip the dough over, put on the sauce and less toppings than we would on a normal pan pizza. We've added asaigo to the dough recipe too - it adds to the flavour and crisps up the dough nicely. A sharp pizza peel or the largest spatula you have is a necessity. We have learned to make several smaller pizzas is better than trying an all-in-one, and also leaves more time for sipping on wine in between. :)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bump...

Any more comments on Pizza Stones?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Preheat pizza stone for 30-45 minutes on the bottom oven rack - remove higher racks for ease of transferring pizza to the preheated stone. Sprinkle a fine layer of cornmeal on either a pizza peel or the back of a baking sheet - makes it easier to transfer pizza to oven.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Is it worth getting a stone or is it something that will sit in the cupboard?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

My home made pizzas taste terrible but these guys seem to know how to do it:

A couple of tips if you want to make your own pizzas. Get a proper pizza paddle and a pizza stone for your oven. Bed Bath & Beyond sells a good stone for about $25 and the paddle will set you back another $12-$15.

To make a proper bread or pizza dough Canadian all purpose flour doesn't cut it. Go to bulk barn and buy a kilo of High Gluten Flour for about $10 and use 1/2 cup High Gluten per 2 cups All Purpose. Also, don't buy your yeast from the ripoff supermarkets. Once again Bulk Barn to the rescue selling fast acting yeast for about $6 a lb. Supermarket yeast works out to about $25 a lb in the little packets or jars. Finally pick up some coarse grind cornmeal as long as you're at bulk barn to use as a proper lubricant for your pizza dough.

You can learn how to use a pizza paddle and stone properly watching youtube videos and don't get discouraged if your first couple attempts are flops. It's a learned skill like anything else. Bake for about 12 minutes in a 450 F preheated oven and wait for the best pizzas you ever tasted...

Bon apetit
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”