Def Leppard autographed guitar

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
67CougarLover

Def Leppard autographed guitar

Post by 67CougarLover »

Def Leppard is my husband's favorite band!! For my husband's birthday the year we met in 2008 I bought him an autographed guitar by Def Leppard. I bought it from a memorabilia store in Las Vegas.He was so excited and loved it.We had friends over that night to play drums and guitar and unfortunately someone decided to play the autographed guitar. Smearing parts of the autographs off.
Def Leppard is in Penticton in 10 days.I know its a pipe-dream but would love to bring this guitar out and have it autographed again.But this time have it put in a case and hung on my husband's bandroom wall to see and appreciate.
Any ideas out there how I can make this happen? You never know if you dont ask :)
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: Def Leppard autographed guitar

Post by JayByrd »

I'd contact the band's management, road manager, fan club, basically any outlet that has an email address and tell them your story. Avail yourself of the band's twitter account as well. If individual band members have their own twitter accounts, that might be even better. If a band member is sympathetic to your cause, that could move mountains. 10 days isn't a long time to arrange this though, even if those who can make this happen are inclined to help you.

As a last ditch effort, showing up at places the band will be on the day of the show, with the guitar handy, might give you an opportunity. The hotel or outside the tour bus could give you a chance to talk directly to a band member. Hanging around the arena at sound check time, could enable you to harass a security person into at least telling someone what you're after.

Good luck!
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
67CougarLover

Post by 67CougarLover »

Thanks JayByrd that gives me alot to work with :)
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

67CougarLover wrote:Def Leppard is my husband's favorite band!!

I like them as well. He's got good taste.

What kind of guitar is it?
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”