Dart friendly pubs/ bars

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Mayotruck
Fledgling

Dart friendly pubs/ bars

Post by Mayotruck »

Just looking for a good place to shoot some darts and have a beer, not finding much information online. Do you know of any pubs with dart boards?
LPC, NDP, CPC are all globalist WEF puppets.
Proof Pierre is WEF = https://tinyurl.com/2p8x39sm

PPC is the only party that isn't. Vote PPC for change.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Dart friendly pubs/ bars

Post by oneh2obabe »

O'Flannigan's on Queensway (near the bus loop) has dart boards.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

I love darts. Many many years ago we would frequent Creekside.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Mayotruck
Fledgling

Post by Mayotruck »

Thanks both of you for the recommendations.

I did actually know about both of these bars but,
oflanagins even though it does have dart boards they are situated very close to the extremely busy pool tables which makes them virtually useless, unless you want to risk hitting someone who's playing pool..for me I won't throw darts there.Also this bar gets really packed and loud which might be fine for some but when tossing darts I'm kinda into a chill environment.

A few weeks ago I did visit creek side pub because they mentioned they had dart board on their web sight, and when we went there they did in fact have a dart board but, unfortunately they had karaoke equipment set up in front of the dart board, so we couldn't use it. They also didn't seem to care or bother to say that they would move the equipment in the future, they basically said "oh that dartboard is back there(points behind this massive amount of dj equipment), but hey there's pool, here" so I won't be going back there, I didn't travel across town to play pool 75% of all bars have pool tables. They don't seem to want to fix the issue or care so yeah I'll find a different place to spend my cash.

I did find a few others though, with a bunch of research.
This is what I found for anyone else looking for a place to play darts, and happened to stumble across this thread...

Dakotas sports pub - has dart boards.
The kelowna curling club you must be a member but their pub apparently has a few dart boards.
The legion has dart boards but you need a membership or be with a member.(also has pretty poor hours 9am-3:30pm)
The elks club on Springfield has 3 dart boards in their pub and it is open to the public most the time.<- best choice I ve found, for a chill atmospher and no required membership.

But if anyone else knows of more places please add them to this thread I would love to know more!

Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

MCcullough station pub's got a dart board or two, and shuffleboard.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Mayotruck wrote: oflanagins even though it does have dart boards they are situated very close to the extremely busy pool tables which makes them virtually useless, unless you want to risk hitting someone who's playing pool..for me I won't throw darts there.Also this bar gets really packed and loud which might be fine for some but when tossing darts I'm kinda into a chill environment.

That place used to be THE place to go shoot darts. That was long before the pool table went up. Of course, I'm probably dating myself, but this was still back when it was Sgt. O'Flarritiy's.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

Apparently the Oyama Legion has a dart league. I don't know a lot of details about it but a friend of mine says he's joining it this coming fall.
Mayotruck
Fledgling

Post by Mayotruck »

so I thought I wold update this thread.

Dakotas does have darts but, I'll be honest they probably have them located in the worst possible place in the entire bar.. It's right in the middle of the bar beside the waitresses cash register and literally was tryin to throw darts but the waitress's were walking right in front of the dart board pretty much non stop which made my concentration level just fall apart.. Wasn't much fun worring about hitting a waitress...

Oflanagins took down their dart board.

Kelly obryans has a dart board but they won't allow people to use it. Lol don't ask me why they even have it then ..but that's what I was told

Creek side I went there agian and this time I got to play a few games.(all the equipment was moved) There dart board is in a pretty good location and overall works but, the biggest problem is sometimes you can play and sometimes you can't (karaoke equipment I sometimes in the way) and also there is only one board.

The legion has about 4-5 dart boards but you need a membership or be with a member to play also they open @ 9 but no booze until 11and they shut @ 3:30 so not the best hours in my opinion

Elks hall has 3 dart boards in a seperate room with a fridge that you can keep your draft cold , the bar is quiet and very clean and nice overall almost perfect for darts but there are a few issues..

1) hours they open @ 2 pm and shut @shut at 6 pm so only 4 hours ...which Is really to bad I would have stayed there all day it really is the perfect venue
2) they are moving at the end of May, to a new location but the bartender said that they will be bringing the dart boards to the new location

pgirone

Post by pgirone »

Hi Mayotruck
I know this post stopped 3 years ago, but I am hoping you have up to date info.
I haven't played darts regularly for 20 years, but got a new set and a bunch of flights for Christmas.
Not sure I can even play anymore with tremors, however I would like to try.
What's the status of the dart venues?
In truth I am in Penticton, but driving to Kelowna to play darts once a week would be okay for me.
smoky500
Fledgling

Post by smoky500 »

Hi, just came across your post. Lots of dart action in Penticton. ELKs, Legion (Penticton and OK Falls), the Falls Legion has a drop in dart shoot first Sunday every month, register by 10:30am, and they have a league Wed. eves that regularly needs spares. Eagles, Bowling Alley, and if ANAVETS ever opens again, they have darts. Clanceys Pub has dart boards

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”