Netflix on a rainy day.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Jo
Slot 16

Re: Netflix on a rainy day.

Post by Jo »

Love the American House of Cards, but the British version is definitely better.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Anybody who has ever worked in an office will relate to Dreamland. The description doesn't sound great, but by the time you get to the end of the first episode, you're hooked.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Jo wrote:Love the American House of Cards, but the British version is definitely better.
Okay, you've talked me into it! I can catch up on the British version while waiting for the American House of Cards new season in March.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

The 100 is good. I really liked Daredevil and starting to get into Jessica Jones. Black Books is really funny, but a shame its only three short seasons. I love Bojack Horseman! Archer is great if you have a warped sense of humor. Friend was saying The Last Kingdom was really good.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

watched "How I Live now" good movie, thanks for the suggestion Jo..

Arbitrage with Richard Gere is a really good movie too..gave it 4 stars..(based on an immoral billionaire)

True Story wasn't too bad (based on the NY journalist Mike Finkel and murderer Chris Longo)

Prisoner with Hugh Jackman is also very good...

and I too LOVE House of Cards..only problem is I binge watch the whole season in one day...
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

We just watch Arbitrage last night! So good!
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I know eh !!! been along time since I've watched a Richard Gere movie...excellent acting on his part !!!

check out Prisoners with Hugh Jackman...it's a nail biter drama too...as a parent it will make you wonder " would you so the same thing " ???
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Just put it on my list. Looks GOOD.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

Nightcrawler is really good too (with Jake Gyllenhall) made me wonder if TMZ and all the paparazzi think exactly this same way...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Netflix on a snowy day. LOL.

Okay, might start a new series today. So many suggestions here to keep us going.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Queen K wrote:Netflix on a snowy day. LOL.

Okay, might start a new series today. So many suggestions here to keep us going.

Making a Murderer is excellent (if enraging). If you liked the podcast "Serial", you'll love this!
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

[quote=]

Making a Murderer is excellent (if enraging). If you liked the podcast "Serial", you'll love this![/quote]

Making a Murderer is one of the most compelling programs I have ever seen! By the end of the first episode so much had happened I couldn't believe there was 9 more to go - I felt ill after every episode I watched and couldn't stop - one after the other. Just finished the last episode and can't believe this has happened - stranger than fiction - mind blown!

I can't recommend this show enough!
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

westside105 wrote:check out Prisoners with Hugh Jackman...it's a nail biter drama too...as a parent it will make you wonder " would you so the same thing " ???

Holy smokes that was a good one. Just did get back to breathing.

This thread is so great for getting add-ons to my list.

If you haven't seen it, 'The Killing' is one helluva good TV series.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

well I started Making a Murderer last night...yup, this one is a gooder !!! added The Killing series to my list too (gonna start that one on the weekend)

yes Jo, Prisoners was a jaw dropper for me too...I'll throw this one out there "The Killer inside me", I watched it out the blue one day and was pleasantly surprised...Gone Girl is a good one too if no one has watched that one...(that's one evil woman) The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is also very good if you haven't watched it..be prepared to cry

I watch alot of stuff on you tube too...you can watch so many different documentaries on there and can get alot of HBO documentaries...( Going Clear, the scientology doc is good and There's something wrong with Aunt Diane )

watched "They Live" a John Carpenter (very old) movie starring the wrestler Roddy Piper...it has the cheesiest acting I have ever seen in my life..lol (I'm here to chew some bubblegum and kick some *bleep*, and I'm all out of bubble gum)
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

westside105 wrote:
watched "They Live" a John Carpenter (very old) movie starring the wrestler Roddy Piper...it has the cheesiest acting I have ever seen in my life..lol (I'm here to chew some bubblegum and kick some *bleep*, and I'm all out of bubble gum)

That one is a classic! Makes me smile, great B flick.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”