Netflix on a rainy day.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Netflix on a rainy day.

Post by Queen K »

It's "netflix season" now and I see I've saved quite a bit of money not running to certain movies already listed.

As for new programs added, Netflix took on BBC Scotland put out Shetland in 2013 and it's proving to be interesting.

Set in today's World, but has the look and feel of the 1960s, simply because there is little modernity to the Shetland Islands.

It's a murder mystery series and the first two are part one and two, and not obvoius. It's slow. But the charm of it is that it's not NCIS. Thank God for Scotland.

As an aside, I finally realize that their rival SHOMI is no longer. They were late to the streaming party, awkward and I hated that "But I'm a virgin" line.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

The Bridge (a Swedish- Danish show)

Glitch (An Australian Zombie tv show)

Great stories!
ken tukee

Post by ken tukee »

Even Steven wrote:Also, "Town" came out on Netflix. Good flick about bank robbers.

Not a fan of Ben Afleck, but that was a really great movie
arnold jackson

Post by arnold jackson »

anyone watching Narcos?
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Post by Nasturtium »

For light hearted entertainment -
Mrs. Brown's Boys - an Irish series
We laughed out loud several times during each episode :smt045
We leak as rivers
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We've rediscovered Downton Abbey last night. There are more seasons added. What a fantastic show.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

arnold jackson wrote:anyone watching Narcos?

Is anyone not watching "Narcos"? Totally gripping.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Shout out for "Designated Survivor". Great new show. But you have to catch it from the beginning. Five episodes have aired so far.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I am not watching Narcos. Remember that Esquire magazine article you published here Fluffy? That is enough for me. Unfortunately "El Chapo's" hearing judge was gunned down a month ago, sending a message to all those working in Mexico's justice department as in, "there is none."
Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

I hope they'll add Captain Fantastic soon. I gotta watch that one.

Viggo Mortenson is an unconventional father of 6 who lives off grid and homeschooled all of his kids. They have to rejoin conventional US society on a cross country trip to their mother's funeral.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Black Mirror.

A horrifying up date on The Twilight Zone. We watched the first one. That's all I could stand.
pduff
Fledgling

Post by pduff »

The Crown - Netflix original about the reign of Queen Elizabeth. Beautifully made at a cost of $10M per episode.
Friendship is like peeing yourself. Everyone can see it but only you know the warm feeling it brings.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Queen K wrote:I am not watching Narcos. Remember that Esquire magazine article you published here Fluffy? That is enough for me. Unfortunately "El Chapo's" hearing judge was gunned down a month ago, sending a message to all those working in Mexico's justice department as in, "there is none."

"Narcos" is actually pretty good. It covers a rough bunch of outlaws to be sure, but it's not graphically disturbing unless your particularly vulnerable to that sort of thing.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Watched all 4 episodes of the BBC documentary Addicted to Pleasure. It was very interesting and really like the historical information regarding Whiskey, Opium, Tobacco and Sugar.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Nomaster
Board Meister

Post by Nomaster »

Jimi Hendrix- Voodoo Child

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”