Netflix on a rainy day.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Netflix on a rainy day.

Post by Queen K »

I'd like to recommend A Cat Named Bob for your next Netflix flick.

A real tear jerker, Okay I cried, especially when Bob didn't come home for two days. :cry:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Do you mean "A Street Cat Named Bob", looks like another one to put in the, you know I keep on meaning to watch that movie. :up: :up:
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What is not a tear jerker is Peaky Blinders.

We just watched the first episode, two thumbs up. :up: :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Anyone catching this on Netfilx?

"Fauda" (Arabic for 'Chaos') depicts the two-sided story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4565380/

… a bit hard to follow as it is completely subtitled (having to follow the dialogue as well as the action on the screen), but very compelling and very well-done. Really a different perspective on the conflict showing both sides. Well worth watching.

p.s. season 3 of "Narcos" here Friday :D
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Last night we finished the first season of Riverdale, the sexed up adult version of the Archies from our comic book days.

A nail biter to the end. :up:
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Ka-El wrote:
"Fauda" (Arabic for 'Chaos') depicts the two-sided story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4565380/

… a bit hard to follow as it is completely subtitled (having to follow the dialogue as well as the action on the screen), but very compelling and very well-done. Really a different perspective on the conflict showing both sides. Well worth watching.

Through episode five now. Getting easier to follow the dialogue and action. Definitely worth watching.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ka-El wrote:Anyone catching this on Netfilx?

Um, we haven't had a rainy day since the middle of June, so no. No rainy day = no Netflix. Sucks, but true.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Well you see Glacier, Ka-El and I, we are rebels. We don't wait for rain. :up:
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

:popcorn: My super favs on Netflix are Suits (can get on Bravo too I think), Longmire (wish they had never cancelled this one but you can still watch all the episodes, and Bloodlines (kind of has some dark stuff but somehow it's got humor too - those crazy Rayburns!), and right now for absolute giant laughs don't miss The Ranch - hilarious - it's in season 3 now I think so go right back to the start (Ashton Kutcher, Sam Elliott, Debra Winger, Danny Matheson, Elisha Cuthbert & more - if you are looking for laughs this is it - beware there is lots of cussing in it but it fits the humour and I don't find it offensive at all and I'm a granny!) - hope they NEVER cancel it! :popcorn:
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Just finished a killer first season of the series "Ozark" starring Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. It was crazy addicting and I binged watched it in 3 evenings. (10 episodes)

Some great characters and some weird ones too! It has a very similar tone to Breaking Bad, so if you enjoyed BB, while this isn't quite as good (yet) I really think you'd enjoy it.

Can't wait for a second season!
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Loki2u wrote:Just finished a killer first season of the series "Ozark" starring Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. It was crazy addicting and I binged watched it 3 evening. (10 episodes)

Some great characters and some weird ones too! It has a very similar tone to Breaking Bad, so if you enjoyed BB, while this isn't quite as good (yet) I really think you'd enjoy it.

Can't wait for a second season!

Yes, we are watching Ozark as well - I am hanging in there but I do find some bits a little dark for my liking but the rest of it has kept me watching. I never watched Breaking Bad but I've heard Ozark compared as a bit of a cross between Breaking Bad and Bloodlines (which I did watch and really enjoyed). Justin Bateman is a good actor - haven't seen much of his work before.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

loved ozark great show got better every episode :up: :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

the truth wrote:loved ozark great show got better every episode :up: :smt045

Sure did! Crazy ending. It wrapped up quite nicely if they wanted just a stand alone season, but they left a few threads to build off for season two which I believe just got the greenlight for production.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

dle wrote:
Yes, we are watching Ozark as well - I am hanging in there but I do find some bits a little dark for my liking but the rest of it has kept me watching. I never watched Breaking Bad but I've heard Ozark compared as a bit of a cross between Breaking Bad and Bloodlines (which I did watch and really enjoyed). Justin Bateman is a good actor - haven't seen much of his work before.

Well be warned as it will get a bit darker [icon_lol2.gif]

Breaking Bad is probably in my top 3 favorite tv series of all time- if not #1. It's like watching a slow train wreck get worse and worse. So good!

I haven't watched bloodlines, so I'll have to take your recommendation and check it out! Cheers! :up:
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Queen K wrote:I'd like to recommend A Cat Named Bob for your next Netflix flick.

A real tear jerker, Okay I cried, especially when Bob didn't come home for two days. :cry:

that's ok Queen K - remember the first animated Jungle Book? I cried in the movie theatre in public when I thought Baloo the bear died! :cry:

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”