Netflix on a rainy day.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Re: Netflix on a rainy day.

Postby Queen K » Apr 27th, 2017, 9:54 pm

I'd like to recommend A Cat Named Bob for your next Netflix flick.

A real tear jerker, Okay I cried, especially when Bob didn't come home for two days. :cry:
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 9437 posts

Postby GenesisGT » Apr 27th, 2017, 10:15 pm

Do you mean "A Street Cat Named Bob", looks like another one to put in the, you know I keep on meaning to watch that movie. :up: :up:
Good judgement comes from experience. Where does experience come from? Poor judgement.

Queen K likes this post.
GenesisGT
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1473 posts

Postby Queen K » Aug 18th, 2017, 9:45 pm

What is not a tear jerker is Peaky Blinders.

We just watched the first episode, two thumbs up. :up: :up:
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Ka-El » Aug 27th, 2017, 8:24 am

Anyone catching this on Netfilx?

"Fauda" (Arabic for 'Chaos') depicts the two-sided story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4565380/

… a bit hard to follow as it is completely subtitled (having to follow the dialogue as well as the action on the screen), but very compelling and very well-done. Really a different perspective on the conflict showing both sides. Well worth watching.

p.s. season 3 of "Narcos" here Friday :D
Donald Trump: woefully unsuitable, unqualified and unfit to be president
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2552 posts

Postby Queen K » Aug 27th, 2017, 11:09 am

Last night we finished the first season of Riverdale, the sexed up adult version of the Archies from our comic book days.

A nail biter to the end. :up:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Ka-El » Aug 28th, 2017, 10:21 am

Ka-El wrote:
"Fauda" (Arabic for 'Chaos') depicts the two-sided story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4565380/

… a bit hard to follow as it is completely subtitled (having to follow the dialogue as well as the action on the screen), but very compelling and very well-done. Really a different perspective on the conflict showing both sides. Well worth watching.

Through episode five now. Getting easier to follow the dialogue and action. Definitely worth watching.
Donald Trump: woefully unsuitable, unqualified and unfit to be president

Queen K likes this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2552 posts

Postby Glacier » Aug 28th, 2017, 1:25 pm

Ka-El wrote:Anyone catching this on Netfilx?

Um, we haven't had a rainy day since the middle of June, so no. No rainy day = no Netflix. Sucks, but true.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 7684 posts

Postby Queen K » Aug 28th, 2017, 1:28 pm

Well you see Glacier, Ka-El and I, we are rebels. We don't wait for rain. :up:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby dle » Aug 28th, 2017, 4:02 pm

:popcorn: My super favs on Netflix are Suits (can get on Bravo too I think), Longmire (wish they had never cancelled this one but you can still watch all the episodes, and Bloodlines (kind of has some dark stuff but somehow it's got humor too - those crazy Rayburns!), and right now for absolute giant laughs don't miss The Ranch - hilarious - it's in season 3 now I think so go right back to the start (Ashton Kutcher, Sam Elliott, Debra Winger, Danny Matheson, Elisha Cuthbert & more - if you are looking for laughs this is it - beware there is lots of cussing in it but it fits the humour and I don't find it offensive at all and I'm a granny!) - hope they NEVER cancel it! :popcorn:

cubafreak likes this post.
dle
Board Meister

Liked in: 347 posts

Postby Loki2u » Aug 28th, 2017, 4:54 pm

Just finished a killer first season of the series "Ozark" starring Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. It was crazy addicting and I binged watched it in 3 evenings. (10 episodes)

Some great characters and some weird ones too! It has a very similar tone to Breaking Bad, so if you enjoyed BB, while this isn't quite as good (yet) I really think you'd enjoy it.

Can't wait for a second season!
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-

the truth likes this post.
Loki2u
Fledgling

Liked in: 293 posts

Postby dle » Aug 28th, 2017, 4:59 pm

Loki2u wrote:Just finished a killer first season of the series "Ozark" starring Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. It was crazy addicting and I binged watched it 3 evening. (10 episodes)

Some great characters and some weird ones too! It has a very similar tone to Breaking Bad, so if you enjoyed BB, while this isn't quite as good (yet) I really think you'd enjoy it.

Can't wait for a second season!

Yes, we are watching Ozark as well - I am hanging in there but I do find some bits a little dark for my liking but the rest of it has kept me watching. I never watched Breaking Bad but I've heard Ozark compared as a bit of a cross between Breaking Bad and Bloodlines (which I did watch and really enjoyed). Justin Bateman is a good actor - haven't seen much of his work before.

Loki2u likes this post.
dle
Board Meister

Postby the truth » Aug 28th, 2017, 5:00 pm

loved ozark great show got better every episode :up: :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Loki2u likes this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4295 posts

Postby Loki2u » Aug 28th, 2017, 5:08 pm

the truth wrote:loved ozark great show got better every episode :up: :smt045

Sure did! Crazy ending. It wrapped up quite nicely if they wanted just a stand alone season, but they left a few threads to build off for season two which I believe just got the greenlight for production.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Loki2u
Fledgling

Postby Loki2u » Aug 28th, 2017, 5:11 pm

dle wrote:
Yes, we are watching Ozark as well - I am hanging in there but I do find some bits a little dark for my liking but the rest of it has kept me watching. I never watched Breaking Bad but I've heard Ozark compared as a bit of a cross between Breaking Bad and Bloodlines (which I did watch and really enjoyed). Justin Bateman is a good actor - haven't seen much of his work before.

Well be warned as it will get a bit darker [icon_lol2.gif]

Breaking Bad is probably in my top 3 favorite tv series of all time- if not #1. It's like watching a slow train wreck get worse and worse. So good!

I haven't watched bloodlines, so I'll have to take your recommendation and check it out! Cheers! :up:
Loki2u
Fledgling

Postby dle » Aug 29th, 2017, 5:02 am

Queen K wrote:I'd like to recommend A Cat Named Bob for your next Netflix flick.

A real tear jerker, Okay I cried, especially when Bob didn't come home for two days. :cry:

that's ok Queen K - remember the first animated Jungle Book? I cried in the movie theatre in public when I thought Baloo the bear died! :cry:

Queen K likes this post.
dle
Board Meister

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts