Netflix on a rainy day.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Netflix on a rainy day.

Post by shoo »

Queen K wrote:Agreed, The Crown is worthy. I see they have new episodes out for those of us who binged early.

Ka-el - Godless, first episode, WOW! We will definitely be following up with the other six.

And to those who have heard of Netflixes first sci-fi fantasy movie, BRIGHT - okay, we enjoyed it, can see series potential. Will Smith, talented in whatever he's cast in, shone through. We thought it was fun entertainment.

We hated Bright. Will Smith was terrible in it. Interesting how opinions can differ so greatly. Godless didn’t grab me either. I found the first episode boring. However, We binged the new season of Peaky Blinders. Excellent! We started season 7of GOT and loving it!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, I've recommended Peaky Blinders several times here. We loved it and intend to start on the new episodes soon.

Godless did grab us, but we plan to not binge on it.

I still have to finish TWD.

We finished Mad Men right to the end. Omigod, what a great show!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Bsuds wrote:
Lady tehMa wrote:I hear "Bright" is awesome and plan on watching it soon.

I read a review this morning thats said it was one of the worst movies of 2017!

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/27/bri ... ill-smith/

I wouldn't rave about it being the best, but we enjoyed it. You have to allow for some liberty with the thematic element, but we both agreed to is was definitely original and I like that. Not just more of the same ol, same ol.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Just finished watching "Manhunter:Unabomber". Also watching second season of El Chapo.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

That Marvel Daredevil show is really great.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Okay, saw Bright and I really liked it!

It wasn't derivative, it was definitely original (if a bit gory in places). I enjoyed the story very much. Not sure what the others are on about . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:That Marvel Daredevil show is really great.

We've been considering that but somewhat reluctant to get into another comic book deal. I have to admit though, Netflix does a great job of making these comic book stories something beyond what we were used to as kids. I think we should give it a try (after all, we really enjoyed Punisher). Godless? It is good to watch a good old fashioned duster ever once in a while.

I did buy the box set for season seven of Game of Thrones "for my wife". We watched the whole thing this weekend. Great!!!
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

I know what you mean, way too many comic shows and movies. However. Daredevil is really well done plus Punisher is actually introduced in season 2 so if you like his solo show you'll probably like seeing him interact with Daredevil.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:I know what you mean, way too many comic shows and movies. However. Daredevil is really well done plus Punisher is actually introduced in season 2 so if you like his solo show you'll probably like seeing him interact with Daredevil.

Bite your tongue! It's nice to finally get some good geek shows, we've never had so much variety before.
I haven't failed until I quit.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

Lady tehMa wrote:Bite your tongue! It's nice to finally get some good geek shows, we've never had so much variety before.

But a lot of them suck. Supergirl, Arrow, Gotham, The Defenders and probably many more of them are so bad that they destroy lives.

ETA that Agents of Shield show is also really bad and deserves to be in a dumpster.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:But a lot of them suck. Supergirl, Arrow, Gotham, The Defenders and probably many more of them are so bad that they destroy lives.

ETA that Agents of Shield show is also really bad and deserves to be in a dumpster.

I wish you good luck finding a good TV show
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ka-El wrote:
HorganIsMyHero wrote:That Marvel Daredevil show is really great.

We've been considering that but somewhat reluctant to get into another comic book deal. I have to admit though, Netflix does a great job of making these comic book stories something beyond what we were used to as kids. I think we should give it a try (after all, we really enjoyed Punisher). Godless? It is good to watch a good old fashioned duster ever once in a while.

I did buy the box set for season seven of Game of Thrones "for my wife". We watched the whole thing this weekend. Great!!!

:spitcoffee:

And that's why we didn't buy it yet. And we're hooked on Godless right now. Thanks for the great tip!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

Anyone watching the new season of Black Mirror? I'm 2 episodes in...can't do more than one at a time.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

HorganIsMyHero wrote: But a lot of them suck. Supergirl, Arrow, Gotham, The Defenders and probably many more of them are so bad that they destroy lives. ETA that Agents of Shield show is also really bad and deserves to be in a dumpster.

Agreed. The super hero genre is getting real old real fast, and any of the shows you mentioned above are not worth watching. However, I have to give Netflix credit for re-inventing this genre, for portraying these heroes as broken and angry, and adding grit and realism. Took in three episodes of Daredevil tonight. It was damn good. When does he get his suit?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Queen K wrote: And we're hooked on Godless right now. Thanks for the great tip!

You're welcome. It does get a lot better once you get into it a bit, doesn't it?

eta: once we finish El Chapo we'll give that Peaky Blinders a shot (can't be binging on more than two shows at a time)

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”