Netflix on a rainy day.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Re: Netflix on a rainy day.

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

Ka-El wrote:eta: still, the one box set I would really like to get is "Vikings".

By box set you mean Blu Ray right and not horribly blurry DVDs? Vikings is pretty awesome but way too few episodes.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Queen K wrote: Nope, how about The Clover Paradox?

meh, not so much - definitely a B sci-fi (but sci-fi nonetheless)

I think you'll like Damnation. In part a story of why unions came to exist in America in the first place.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Has anyone seen "the last man on earth"? My husband thinks it is hilarious

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230454/
I haven't failed until I quit.
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by shoo »

Ka-El wrote:Anyone else watching "Damnation" yet?

We are watching it and mostly enjoying it. The storyline is good. The characters are a little over the top for me, but still worth watching.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

We finished burning through it this afternoon. It was a really good story. It made me quite sad though recognizing the parallels with the imbecilic ignorance we see growing again not only in the States, but even here in Canada. Very discouraging.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Just finished "Altered Carbon."

Damn fine mix of GoT gone Sci-Fi plus Minority Report and Blade Runner for the finish. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Now you can get to work on Damnation :D
Mama
Lord of the Board

Post by Mama »

Altered Carbon and Damnation were both good. Totally different, but I enjoyed them both
MY GREATEST FEAR IS, THERE IS NO PMS, AND THIS IS MY REAL PERSONALITY.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Black Mirror is a 100% must watch. It's kind of like a modern day Twilight Zone.

It's more profound, thought-provoking, and chilling than anything I've ever seen. I had to take breaks after most episodes to process what I'd just seen. The first 3 seasons are exceptional. The last season isn't quite as good and revisits some of the themes from previous episodes, but is still outstanding... especially the last episode.

It will make you uncomfortable. It will shock you. It will break your heart. And at least a few times it will uplift you. But more often than not, it will make you want to live in a cabin in the woods far far away from all technology.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Agreed. I saw the first episode and it was staggeringly frightening. Never went back to it. We took a media break going up to Wells Grey Prov. Park, no nothing. Refreshing.

Game of Thones, S7 is next. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
michewhyte

Post by michewhyte »

This is gonna sound a little bit weird but even though there's lots of different shows you can watch, I'm completely addicted to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air! I just can't get enough haha. :D
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ka-El wrote:Now you can get to work on Damnation :D

OH Damn and did I.

Fantastic! First episode and I'm hooked.

How is Peaky Blinders going for you? :D
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Queen K wrote:Just finished "Altered Carbon."

Damn fine mix of GoT gone Sci-Fi plus Minority Report and Blade Runner for the finish. :130:

We are really enjoying this as well. Just one caveat, a pet peeve of mine, is that the main character smokes whenever and wherever he wants. This wouldn't fly now let alone in the future. I understand that tobacco companies aren't aloud to advertise on TV but it annoys me that the way they get around this is by inserting smoking into programs regardless of how absurd it is.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Poindexter wrote: Just one caveat, a pet peeve of mine, is that the main character smokes whenever and wherever he wants. This wouldn't fly now let alone in the future.

In that future everyone has become fatalistic, and why not smoke if you can afford a new sleeve every ten years.

Changing the subject somewhat, anyone watching the Frankenstein Chronicles with Sean Bean?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, the second episode is a tad slow, but the production values are worth it completely. Great show. :130:

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”