Netflix on a rainy day.

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.

Re: Netflix on a rainy day.

Postby shoo » Dec 28th, 2017, 8:51 am

Queen K wrote:Agreed, The Crown is worthy. I see they have new episodes out for those of us who binged early.

Ka-el - Godless, first episode, WOW! We will definitely be following up with the other six.

And to those who have heard of Netflixes first sci-fi fantasy movie, BRIGHT - okay, we enjoyed it, can see series potential. Will Smith, talented in whatever he's cast in, shone through. We thought it was fun entertainment.

We hated Bright. Will Smith was terrible in it. Interesting how opinions can differ so greatly. Godless didn’t grab me either. I found the first episode boring. However, We binged the new season of Peaky Blinders. Excellent! We started season 7of GOT and loving it!
shoo
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 31 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 28th, 2017, 11:48 am

Yes, I've recommended Peaky Blinders several times here. We loved it and intend to start on the new episodes soon.

Godless did grab us, but we plan to not binge on it.

I still have to finish TWD.

We finished Mad Men right to the end. Omigod, what a great show!
If you have castanet friends on your facebook friend list, set your privacy setting on the friend list as "Only me." Just call, "Nagging Internet Wife" for all your problem nemesis'.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 10792 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 28th, 2017, 11:52 am

Bsuds wrote:
Lady tehMa wrote:I hear "Bright" is awesome and plan on watching it soon.

I read a review this morning thats said it was one of the worst movies of 2017!

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/27/bri ... ill-smith/

I wouldn't rave about it being the best, but we enjoyed it. You have to allow for some liberty with the thematic element, but we both agreed to is was definitely original and I like that. Not just more of the same ol, same ol.
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views

2 people like this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3084 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 28th, 2017, 11:56 am

Just finished watching "Manhunter:Unabomber". Also watching second season of El Chapo.
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 28th, 2017, 7:32 pm

That Marvel Daredevil show is really great.
HorganIsMyHero
Fledgling

Liked in: 175 posts

Postby Lady tehMa » Dec 28th, 2017, 7:42 pm

Okay, saw Bright and I really liked it!

It wasn't derivative, it was definitely original (if a bit gory in places). I enjoyed the story very much. Not sure what the others are on about . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3526 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 1st, 2018, 1:31 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:That Marvel Daredevil show is really great.

We've been considering that but somewhat reluctant to get into another comic book deal. I have to admit though, Netflix does a great job of making these comic book stories something beyond what we were used to as kids. I think we should give it a try (after all, we really enjoyed Punisher). Godless? It is good to watch a good old fashioned duster ever once in a while.

I did buy the box set for season seven of Game of Thrones "for my wife". We watched the whole thing this weekend. Great!!!

Queen K likes this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 1st, 2018, 2:02 pm

I know what you mean, way too many comic shows and movies. However. Daredevil is really well done plus Punisher is actually introduced in season 2 so if you like his solo show you'll probably like seeing him interact with Daredevil.
HorganIsMyHero
Fledgling

Postby Lady tehMa » Jan 1st, 2018, 2:17 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:I know what you mean, way too many comic shows and movies. However. Daredevil is really well done plus Punisher is actually introduced in season 2 so if you like his solo show you'll probably like seeing him interact with Daredevil.

Bite your tongue! It's nice to finally get some good geek shows, we've never had so much variety before.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3526 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 1st, 2018, 4:35 pm

Lady tehMa wrote:Bite your tongue! It's nice to finally get some good geek shows, we've never had so much variety before.

But a lot of them suck. Supergirl, Arrow, Gotham, The Defenders and probably many more of them are so bad that they destroy lives.

ETA that Agents of Shield show is also really bad and deserves to be in a dumpster.
HorganIsMyHero
Fledgling

Postby GordonH » Jan 1st, 2018, 4:50 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:But a lot of them suck. Supergirl, Arrow, Gotham, The Defenders and probably many more of them are so bad that they destroy lives.

ETA that Agents of Shield show is also really bad and deserves to be in a dumpster.

I wish you good luck finding a good TV show
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6147 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Queen K » Jan 1st, 2018, 5:59 pm

Ka-El wrote:
HorganIsMyHero wrote:That Marvel Daredevil show is really great.

We've been considering that but somewhat reluctant to get into another comic book deal. I have to admit though, Netflix does a great job of making these comic book stories something beyond what we were used to as kids. I think we should give it a try (after all, we really enjoyed Punisher). Godless? It is good to watch a good old fashioned duster ever once in a while.

I did buy the box set for season seven of Game of Thrones "for my wife". We watched the whole thing this weekend. Great!!!

:spitcoffee:

And that's why we didn't buy it yet. And we're hooked on Godless right now. Thanks for the great tip!
If you have castanet friends on your facebook friend list, set your privacy setting on the friend list as "Only me." Just call, "Nagging Internet Wife" for all your problem nemesis'.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 10792 posts

Postby slootman » Jan 1st, 2018, 6:44 pm

Anyone watching the new season of Black Mirror? I'm 2 episodes in...can't do more than one at a time.
slootman
Übergod

Liked in: 1374 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 1st, 2018, 8:01 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote: But a lot of them suck. Supergirl, Arrow, Gotham, The Defenders and probably many more of them are so bad that they destroy lives. ETA that Agents of Shield show is also really bad and deserves to be in a dumpster.

Agreed. The super hero genre is getting real old real fast, and any of the shows you mentioned above are not worth watching. However, I have to give Netflix credit for re-inventing this genre, for portraying these heroes as broken and angry, and adding grit and realism. Took in three episodes of Daredevil tonight. It was damn good. When does he get his suit?
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby Ka-El » Jan 1st, 2018, 8:02 pm

Queen K wrote: And we're hooked on Godless right now. Thanks for the great tip!

You're welcome. It does get a lot better once you get into it a bit, doesn't it?

eta: once we finish El Chapo we'll give that Peaky Blinders a shot (can't be binging on more than two shows at a time)
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts