Imax in Kelowna and maybe science center

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Imax in Kelowna and maybe science center

Post by Bpeep »

I'll build an imax theatre here if the govt will fund it for me.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
brounal
Board Meister

Post by brounal »

the extreme theatre didn't seem near as big as most of the IMAX theatres have gone into. And don't think it can actually play any IMAX compatible media. Wasn't nearly as blown away watching recent 3d movie at Extreme as was at Vancouver Imax theatre.

And will say again I am more in favor of a Science Center /Imax type of setup. Usually they also have gift shops and restaurant as part of the setup. Have any of you been to Regina Science Center /Imax?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Maybe it didn't seem as big because IMAX makes theaters with a variety of different sizes. The Xtreme theatre is in fact bigger than many IMAX screens. It has amazing sound that's on par or better than IMAX. You won't see the IMAX branded films on that screen but you're still going to see the Hollywood 3D blockbusters at the Xtreme. Because that theatre already exists, you aren't going to see another large format screen in the Okanagan any time soon.

The Xtreme theatre screen is 3 stories tall, the picture is crystal clear, and the sound shakes your bones. You have incredibly high standards if you didn't find the experience amazing.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

I want one of those theaters they have in the USA, where you get a Lazy boy and you can order beer at your seat...
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Hassel99 wrote:I want one of those theaters they have in the USA, where you get a Lazy boy and you can order beer at your seat...

Cineplex is already offering that. There's one five minutes away from me that I frequent quite regularly.

http://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/vip
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”