Aerosmith

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
pepsilover
Übergod

Aerosmith

Post by pepsilover »

Anybody going? It's Monday night.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Aerosmith

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Not for $200+ a pop at Prospera.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I would have liked to but I refuse to contribute to those ridiculous prices.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Yup. Someone gave us a couple of tickets. Otherwise wouldn't have gone.
You and 71 others Like this post
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Ticket prices for all these musical events are outrageous, but so are sports events. I know people who could spend $200 a night on booze, so I guess it's all in what you like to spend your money on.
I bought a ticket the minute they came online so got a great seat, but I've liked Aerosmith for decades, my all time favourite band. Never wanted to have to go to Vancouver or elsewhere to see them, so when they were coming to Kelowna I'm there!!

I may or may not be able to go but if I do make it there I'll let you know if it was "worth it". :)

Does anybody know if it is sold out or not?
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

I see a lot of tickets for sale of face value or less for sale on a lot of the local FB sale groups.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

If ya wanna go watch some near 70 year old geezers.
It's like going to a Burl Ives show.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Nearly seventy year old geezers who can rock the shiit out of Kelowna and any other town they play.

Didja see Stevie playin the piano at Stuart Park? Frack; I missed it live.

What a moment.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Aerosmith...freaking awesome.

But I ain't gonna pay $149 a ticket for the cheap seats in Kelowna.

I'll try to see them them in LA at Staples. Cause there are 25,000 concert seats there, I can probably buy tickets for $50 a piece (US)
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Like many people, I don't think there's a band in the whole world that I'd pay $200 to see. Maybe if I was rich I would.

But it occurred to me last night...10 seconds into Aerosmith's first song, I bet there was not a soul in that building who wished they'd saved their money.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Come on Bman, your jealousy is showing.........I would have loved to have gone but alas, one of the working poor who could not afford to attend.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

How was the show to all you lucky enough to have gone?????
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Bubalouie wrote:Come on Bman, your jealousy is showing.........I would have loved to have gone but alas, one of the working poor who could not afford to attend.

Likely a year away from seeing them at flashbacks for a ten dollar cover charge. But I still likely won't go.
That's hippie music. That's what makes ne'er do wells.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

That's Kelowna. We get Aerosmith and the likes of the Stones just leave chemtrails overhead. Travelling to see the really, really good stuff is just getting too damn expensive on a regular basis. Good thing we are blessed with huge HD tv's though.
I birn quil I se
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

It was a great show. The opening act, Living Color, was loud and distorted, as is the norm for an opening act. When the "real" equipment was unveiled and Aerosmith started up, it was ear bleedingly loud but relatively clean. I'm not a huge Aerosmith fan but they put on a helluva show and for latter 60's gents, it was impressive. I like watching the Stones more, but this was fantastic. Tyler can still hit notes that way younger guys could never do, and that is impressive for those who know how the voice changes with age.
They are pro entertainers and I truly believe that everyone was entertained and got their money's worth at this, even though it was the most expensive show that I recall in Kelowna. A hard working band that keeps on ticking.

After I got home, sitting in a quiet room, my ears had a dull roar. I hate that type of damage and I always forget to bring my super cool musician sound attenuation ear plugs (cut the spl but leave the frequencies accurate). Damn!!
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”