Shania Twain Coming to Kelowna!

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
cliffdiving
Fledgling

Re: Shania Twain Coming to Kelowna!

Post by cliffdiving »

I want to because thats my wifes birthday but we have already committed to Madonna in Van. on the 14th. just cant do both shows after spending $800 on tix for Madonna , that being said , Madonna is sooo WORTH IT!!!!!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Jonrox wrote:I liked Shania's music... but she's released almost nothing over the last 10 years. I might be mistaken but I think her last album with completely new material came out in 2002 (the Up! album).

Did she just give up writing new stuff? What happened? 4 great albums, but bordering on being irrelevant now.

She was quite devastated when her marriage broke up, and just stayed out of the limelight so to speak.

Have to remember her husband was her producer and mentor, so she lost more than just a marriage mate.

She's working on a new album now.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

She played a Vegas contract for two years (13 and 14) at Caesars, and now a 47 stop tour. That will cap a pretty successful career in style.
I birn quil I se
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

She is an amazing Canadian success story. Country music fan or not, that cannot be denied. Friends seen her in Vegas and said it was one of the best concerts he has ever seen, and he's not even a big country fan. Would love to see her in kelowna.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

I hope you are not referring to my post when you quote trolling mine is an honest opinion !!!!

I wonder why you were so quick to assume I was referring to your post?!

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

If anyone is interested, presale tickets are on sale now. I'm not sure if they hold back a certain portion of the "good" seats, but even in the few hours since the presale began the "best available" have changed a lot.

Also, something new to me...Prospera is discouraging people lining up. So even if you go to stand in line early, if they decide there are too many people waiting, they'll make you draw numbers from a hat and that's your order in line to buy tickets.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Draw numbers from a hat? So, you could be first in line with 99 people lined up behind and you draw #73. Sounds fair - NOT!
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

oneh2obabe wrote:Draw numbers from a hat? So, you could be first in line with 99 people lined up behind and you draw #73. Sounds fair - NOT!

That's exactly what they do!

My friend said she was 3rd in line and once they drew numbers she was 5th from the end! Luckily some guy in line wound up buying his over the phone and gave her his place in line, so I think she was about 15th overall.

I stopped by today to ask them about this and it was confirmed. They said it's to discourage people from lining up early. Hell, if someone wants to camp out to be #1 let them I say.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Hell, people can lineup 1-2 days before in hopes of snagging good tickets. If there's a long lineup most venues issue wristbands according to your place in line, tell you to go home or wherever and come back at a certain time (usually 30-45 minutes before the ticket office opens). Fair to everyone and you don't have to lose your place.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

oneh2obabe wrote:Hell, people can lineup 1-2 days before in hopes of snagging good tickets. If there's a long lineup most venues issue wristbands according to your place in line, tell you to go home or wherever and come back at a certain time (usually 30-45 minutes before the ticket office opens). Fair to everyone and you don't have to lose your place.

That's how it was when I was in NYC trying to get Jimmy Fallon tickets. I have no problem at all with people lining up early. If you want to camp out, all the power to you!

I'm happy I figure this out for certain before I went early Friday morning. I wasn't planning anything too crazy, maybe an hour or two since I wanted good floor seats.

Even right now the best available is floor seating, second section back (there are three sections to the floor seating) in row 27...well 9 sections I guess...3 wide and 3 deep. If tickets are going this quick 3 days before the public sale, I wonder if there will be many "prime" seats left.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

A certain number of "prime" seats are held back for the entertainer or promoter to hand out to family, friends, corporate sponsors, etc. If they aren't handed out 2 days (usually) before the performance they are offered to the general public.

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Great show! Quite surprised on the negative comments on the article on the home page here. But I'm not exactly a concert snob and can't compare to the "other" times I've seen her in concert.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

I went......wasn't disappointed, but it wasn't as great as it could be. The lights and stage show were second to none! Great band behind her, but she was, (sorry), off key at times, and a little strained. Knowing it's the last show, I'm sure it's taking a toll on her chords. Also, the sound wasn't that great. A lot of it was almost garbled.
The opening act was "good", but not what I would have expected for a headliner like her. I guess the old adage that you don't want the crowd to want the opening act more then the headliner played into any of it. I would have liked to see someone like Brody or someone 1/2 way up the ladder get a chance to perform on a stage like that. Just my opinion!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

My dad made the point that the opening act was front Switzerland and Shania lives/lived there for sometime so maybe there's a connection of some type.

I had to laugh at the person complaining about the "behind the stage" seats. What in the world does one expect for seats advertised exactly that way? Not that I'd have had any interest in paying actual money for that privilege...but it shouldn't have been a shocker that you wouldn't be seeing Shania.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1446014589905.jpg
FB_IMG_1446014576056.jpg
FB_IMG_1446014561490.jpg

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”