Shania Twain Coming to Kelowna!

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Shania Twain Coming to Kelowna!

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

So Shania Twain is coming to Kelowna October 27, 2015.

Tickets $160 - $200 so who's going to check it out?

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#144233

I've seen the show in Vancouver and it was awesome, worth every penny.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Re: Shania Twain Coming to Kelowna!

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Never could see the hoopla with Shania average singer there is much better out there !
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Shania who?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Takin it easy ! wrote:Never could see the hoopla with Shania average singer there is much better out there !

She's not too bad...

As long as the sound is turned off :)
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Takin it easy ! wrote:Never could see the hoopla with Shania average singer there is much better out there !

Yeah just "average", provided you consider being the best selling female country music artist ever, and 85 million albums sold, the definition of "average". Most wouldn't agree with you.

I get that people all have differing tastes, and that's fine, nothing wrong with it at all, but what I don't get is why people who don't care for a particular artist, always feel the need to pop into threads pertaining to artists they don't like, simply to make a negative comment. Why is that exactly?

You don't like Shania, great, your prerogative, but considering that all her tour shows are sold out, and the reason Kelowna is getting one now is due to her having added 7 more concerts to the tour, simply to meet demand, suggests she has a lot of Canadian fans and rightly so. She sold out two concerts at Rogers Arena in Vancouver.

Female country artists in particular, have a very tough time cracking the American market, so more power to Shania for not only cracking it, but setting new records that will be tough for newcomers to beat.

Did I mention she has five Grammy Awards also?

Twain has received five Grammy Awards, 27 BMI Songwriter awards, stars on Canada's Walk of Fame and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and an induction into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.

She is the only female artist in history to have three consecutive albums certified Diamond by the RIAA.

She's a Canadian artist that has kicked butt across the globe.

That is what all the "hoopla" is about. 8-)
Takin it easy !
Übergod

You know what Lonewolf its based on looks, promotion not talent people tend to look through those rose glasses ! She is definitely hot though !
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Even if she didn't sing a note, she's also written a lot of her own music and won many awards for doing so, and I highly doubt song writing awards are based on looks.

Considering how many artists have to rely on someone else to write their music, I'm of the mind that alone is quite the talent.

Sure the looks certainly don't hurt, though I'm no fan of the blonde look, but in all fairness, the woman paid her dues, and most certainly didn't have success just handed to her, as happens to some.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

I think she is great! Millions out there agree with me.
As for the negative nellies..... is there nothing better to do with your time than troll here?!

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Takin it easy !
Übergod

V-Rated wrote:I think she is great! Millions out there agree with me.
As for the negative nellies..... is there nothing better to do with your time than troll here?!

~V~
I hope you are not referring to my post when you quote trolling mine is an honest opinion !!!!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Not my taste in music but it's a pretty big score for Kelowna and I'm sure it will sell out.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I told Papa Bear this morning that Shania was coming...

And now he's flying out here from northern Ontario in October to see the show with me.

A girlfriend of mine had seen her Vancouver show and said it was amazing. She paid $360 for her floor seat and said it was worth every penny. Kelowna isn't quite the same venue, but I'm happy to pay $200 for a show I've personally heard nothing but rave reviews on.

She's also a smoke show. And that's coming from another woman 20 years younger than her.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Shania has paid her dues, personally and professionally. She's got my respect (she's a lovely gal but not my type, so I don't mean in THAT way) for sure.

I predicted in another thread that if the Aerosmith show was a success (it was) that we'd see more top-tier names come here, around that $150-200 price point. I wonder what Shania tix will go for.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Tickets for her Kelowna appearance go on sale next Friday, July 24 at 10 a.m.

She hits the stage in Kelowna, October 27, 2015 at Prospera Place.

Tickets range from $160.50 to $200.50 (incl. GST).
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

She is talented for sure. I won't be going because I'm allergic to country music and yee hawing. PS; her ex husband is one the greatest producers of all time. I'm a bigger fan of Mutt then Shania.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

I liked Shania's music... but she's released almost nothing over the last 10 years. I might be mistaken but I think her last album with completely new material came out in 2002 (the Up! album).

Did she just give up writing new stuff? What happened? 4 great albums, but bordering on being irrelevant now.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”