Italian Restaurant

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Italian Restaurant

Post by Barney Google »

Mi scusi pregare... but I thought it was determined that the restaurant in question was in Westbank/The West Side/West Kelowna?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Barney Google wrote:Sorry for being totally off topic, folks. My bad!
Gotta comment on El Caballo...you want REAL authentic Mexican food and I do mean AUTHENTIC better try this place. This isn't Tex Mex or Taco Time/Bell...this is Mexico on a plate. If you don't think my Gringo advice is worth the try....ask any one of the Mexican Nationals working/visiting/living in the Okanagan. If they've been to El Caballo they will tell you that the food tastes exactly like home. A must try if you want to have the real deal.

Thanks Barney, I sure miss the mexican restaurants we had in Oregon. Like WOW, nothing like it here, or so I thought. We'll be checking this one out soon.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Let me/us know what you think of it. Have no idea what the Germany food is like. Lol. It's an interesting fusion of concepts. The menu is on Facebook.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

German food is sauerkraut and sausage with mustard and beer....

want really good eats go to Leavenworth Washington and go here

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Re ... ngton.html

been there last April....Awesome...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

^^^ Gulash, Leberkäse, Rolladen, Rotkohl, Möhrengemuse, Frikadellen, Bratkartofeln, Königsberger Klöpsen, Knödel, Schnitzel, Saurbraten, Mettwurst, Currywurst, Ribekuchen.

Yum, yum, yum :)

Never heard of this place but I must go visit now :)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Snickerdoodle
Board Meister

Post by Snickerdoodle »

If your referring to the Italian Table on the hwy by the Greyhound Bus terminal, been there 3 times now and loved it each time. Food is very good, but it was the service that was impeccable. You have a server, but in actuality all the employees will stop and check on you, top up your refreshment, bring you new cutlery... And the food is super quick.

I'm not sure I would put the pasta at Ricardo's level, but would be a good second choice. They have a smoking deal of a salad, pasta and then ice cream for something like $20 and its super filling!

Hopefully they do well.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Barney Google wrote:Sorry for being totally off topic, folks. My bad!
Gotta comment on El Caballo...you want REAL authentic Mexican food and I do mean AUTHENTIC better try this place. This isn't Tex Mex or Taco Time/Bell...this is Mexico on a plate. If you don't think my Gringo advice is worth the try....ask any one of the Mexican Nationals working/visiting/living in the Okanagan. If they've been to El Caballo they will tell you that the food tastes exactly like home. A must try if you want to have the real deal.

I checked out Trip Advisor and lots commented El Caballo was in 100 Mile of all places. As luck would have it I would up stuck here tonight. Damn, probably the freshest most delicious Mexican food I've ever had.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Encouraging. Really is.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Always Sunny wrote:I checked out Trip Advisor and lots commented El Caballo was in 100 Mile of all places. As luck would have it I would up stuck here tonight. Damn, probably the freshest most delicious Mexican food I've ever had.

kewl...the owner has a BIG heart and has his goals well planned out...wish he was on this side of the Big Pond...would frequent often.
- Unknown
frognut6

Post by frognut6 »

The last few time I have driven by there they have not been open, so not sure if they have thrown in the towel already.
It is a bad location, was just commenting the other night that an Olive Garden, or something like that would be about the only thing that would work there. A restaurant that people would go out of there way to get to. A Red Lobster would be nice there to.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Hours are:
4:00 pm - 10:00 pm Monday through Friday
7:00 am - 10:00 pm Saturday and Sunday
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”