Star Wars

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Star Wars

Post by Glacier »

It ended with too many loose ends (too short), but besides that it was really good.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Glacier wrote:It ended with too many loose ends...

Of course. What did Disney pay for the rights, something to the tune of 4 billion? They're going to need a sequel or two to pay that off.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Glacier wrote:It ended with too many loose ends...

How so? Its only the first part of a planned sub-trilogy.
fluffy wrote:Of course. What did Disney pay for the rights, something to the tune of 4 billion? They're going to need a sequel or two to pay that off.

You guys do know that George Lucas had 9 parts planned long before Disney ever came into the picture, right? George Lucas had planned 3 sets of trilogies back when they were filming A New Hope.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Fun movie but I was disappointed. Just a big rehash of Episode IV with too many lucky coincidences. "Oh look who we just ran into - Han Solo and Chewy!" I don't think JJ Abrams has the imagination or gift for story telling necessary to pull it off. It reminds me a lot of the Hobbit movies. Fun and entertaining, but nowhere near as good as any of the Lord of the Rings movies.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I wasn't (too) disappointed - I was hoping for anything better than the prequels! SW:TFA delivered that. It also made me cry (the disappointed part).
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The movie was really good. I had to unfriend everyone who didn't like. It was just that good. I only have minor criticisms. They should have been more realistic. How come it was always day time even when they land on another planet? Did the entire movie happen in a single day? Doesn't anyone ever sleep? The hug didn't make any sense because those two women had never met before.

Oh, and one more thing. Anyone who didn't like the movie is obviously a Nazi as that one scene demonstrated.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

^^^ Finally! Someone who gets it :130:

LOL!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I went to go see it again today (2nd time) and I actually enjoyed it more this time then the first time. After reading many "critiques" of the film and theories, and even though I agreed to some of them - I was able to pay attention a bit more to it and I actually disagree with most of those "critiques" now :)
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

The Star Wars Rogue One teaser trailer came out the other day ...

... yes Dizzy1, there is a Santa Claus :smt045

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”