Books Becoming Movies In 2016

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Books Becoming Movies In 2016

Post by oneh2obabe »

How long before they are available on DVD or Blu-ray?

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
Teresa Palmer and Benjamin Walker star as Gabby and Travis, two neighbours who fall in love after their dogs accidentally have puppies.

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Starring Chloe Grace Moretz, the story follows a girl trying to save her brother in the wake of deadly alien attacks on earth.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Yep, this is a legit book. A play on the Jane Austen classic, 19th century England must face an army of zombies.

How to Be Single by Liz Tuccillo
An all-star girl cast brings Liz Tuccillo’s book about single ladies in New York City.

The Lost City of Z by David Grann
Charlie Hunnam and Sienna Miller bring to life the story of legendary British explorer Percy Fawcett, who ventured into the Amazon jungle in 1925 and never returned.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling
J.K. Rowling is back at it with Eddie Remayne at the helm in this story of writer New Scamander, and New York’s secret community of witches and wizards.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth
The third installment of the teen series will take you to the world outside of the fence.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
The ‘mother of dragons,’ Emilia Clarke will star in this tale of a small town girl who forms an unlikely bond with a paralyzed man.

The BFG by Roald Dahl
Disney is tackling this tale of a girl who encounters the Big Friendly Giant.

Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates by Mike and Dave Stangle
Anna Kendrick and Zac Efron star in the story of two brothers who place an ad for wedding dates.

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Emily Blunt stars as the girl who after seeing the ‘perfect’ couple on a train, becomes enthralled in a nightmarish drama and murder mystery.

Inferno by Dan Brown
A continuation of “The Da Vinci Code” series, this story takes Robert Langdon through another literary classic, Dante’s Inferno.

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
Amazing effects are used to tell the story of a boy who calls upon a tree monster to help him deal with bullies.

Silence by Shusaku Endo
Liam Neeson, Adam Driver and Andrew Garfield star in this film adaptation, which takes Jesuit priests on a mission in Japan.

Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
This peculiar fantasy tells the story of an old school discovered by a boy named Jacob that’s even more peculiar than he thinks.

The Circle by Dave Eggers
Emma Watson and Tom Hanks star in this adaptation of Eggers novel, which tells the story of a woman working at a large tech firm who quickly climbs the corporate ladder.

The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
A lighthouse keeper and his wife who rescue a baby from a rowboat that’s been set adrift.

The Zookeeper’s Wife by Diane Ackerman
Jessica Chastain plays the Zookeeper’s wife in a story about the Warsaw Zoo and the couple that helped save hundreds of people and animals during the Nazi invasion.

Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
Emma Roberts plays a high school senior immersed in an online game of truth or dare.

A Hologram For the King by Dave Eggers
Another book brought to life by Tom Hanks, this is the story of a failed businessman who travels to Saudi Arabia in hopes of getting a second chance.

American Pastoral by Philip Roth
Ewan McGregor directs and stars in this story of Seymour “Swede” Levov, a businessman whose life is turned upside down during the Lyndon B. Johnson presidency in the 1960s.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Books Becoming Movies In 2016

Post by Lady tehMa »

Thanks for that list!

I want to see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith, The Lost City of Z by David Grann, and definitely Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling.

I have read Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - but I'm not so sure I would watch the movie. The book is excellent, and while I think the effects will probably be excellent, I'm concerned at how well the story and characters will carry over.
I haven't failed until I quit.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I want to see Brain on Fire

Amazon:
An award-winning memoir and instant New York Times bestseller that goes far beyond its riveting medical mystery, Brain on Fire is the powerful account of one woman’s struggle to recapture her identity.

When twenty-four-year-old Susannah Cahalan woke up alone in a hospital room, strapped to her bed and unable to move or speak, she had no memory of how she’d gotten there.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^No release date announced yet but production on the film concluded on August 10, 2015.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I'm a huge Dan Brown fan and have read all his books other than Inferno so I'm really looking forward to that. While I found that the written work of The DaVinci Code better than the movie, I found the opposite with Angels and Demons where the movie was better than the book. Regardless, I enjoy both the books and movies so I can't wait for that one.

The Lost Symobol would make a good movie as would Deception Point - not sure about Digital Fortress though
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”