Making a Murderer

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
W105
Guru

Making a Murderer

Post by W105 »

so...is he guilty ?? was he framed ??? is the nephew lying ?? was the docu-series based solely for the benefit of the defense ??
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: Making a Murderer

Post by whatwhat »

I don't think anyone will really know who did it. I personally think he didn't, just because he spent so long and fought to get out of jail for 18 years, was in line to get 36 million dollars. I can't imagine someone who finally got their life back, and was going to get reimbursed so much money would throw that all away.

There was just so many flaws by the police department, and so many what ifs to convict him. Even if they felt he was guilty, you need to be 100% positive that he committed the crime which I don't believe there was enough evidence to say so.
hail Satan y'all
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

A few points as to why I don't think he/they did it - I could go on for days but I don't have time

The prosecution argues that the accused had 5 days to scrub the place down to eliminate DNA - the guy was a pack rat. You don't Chain someone, defile them, and then slaughter them in the manner described and then be able to eliminate ALL DNA of the victim and the nephew. How could these acts be performed without multiple fluids from multiple people be splattered everywhere?

If you had the time and care to eliminate ALL DNA somehow you then stash the victims vehicle on your property and cover it with a couple of branches instead of using the compactor you have at your disposal.

You maintain your innocence for 18 years for the first crime you were proven innocent for (even though he could have had opportunities for early parole had he admitted guilt). Then weeks before getting the biggest payday of your life from the county you decide to not only do what you were originally falsely convicted for but go the extra mile and make it a murder?

Any sane reasonable person can watch the interrogation tapes of Brandon and realize that nothing he says can be taken with any ounce of truthfulness. He was clearly led and was pretty evidently slow and simple. Who confesses to rape torture and murder and then thinks they can go back to school for 1:30 to hand in their assignment?

They recorded telephone conversations between Steven and his jailed fiancé that occurred twice during the time that he was supposedly disposing of a body within a 3 hour period. His tone and demeaner did not sound like that of a man who should be preoccupied at the moment.

Why was her body packed into her vehicle again if it never left the property?

Why was the key only discovered after that room had been searched 5 other times - and then by a cop who was very connected to his original conviction?

Why was the FBI involved AT ALL - this was not a federal case and conflicted with the reasoning the FBI gave for their involvement.

The Officer that called in the plates and vehicle 3 days before the vehicle was found.... how the hell?

This case was so jam packed with reasonable doubt it is nothing short of a travesty that any jury could convict on these grounds.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Not guilty. Don't think he was actually smart enough to pull it all off. Most of the jury verdict was not guilty as well.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

totally agree Mr Rooster (I shortened your name..lol)

I too could go on and on about this...hahaha

I was surprised to find out that both his brothers had previous sexual assault charges ???
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Corneliousrooster wrote:This case was so jam packed with reasonable doubt it is nothing short of a travesty that any jury could convict on these grounds.

I can't seem to find the link, but apparently one of the jury members came forward recently and said the only reason he voted guilty was because we was scared of what the police would have done to him afterwards.
hail Satan y'all
SteWe
Fledgling

Post by SteWe »

Go down this Reddit rabbit hole if you dare: https://www.reddit.com/r/makingamurderer

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”